Class hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- Don’t forget Quiz on Friday – make sure you are studying the Week 3 Vocab and Terminology.
- Please do DH|3 before Friday morning, as the assignment has the greatest value as pre-production.
- Students may stay and work in Cawd until 3pm today and Thursday afternoons.
- From now on all Dailies uploads are to go through the “Dailies Input” form at the top of the Resources page on the Cawd site.
- We are pushing cloth to Thursday morning as we are going to learn about our gradebooks this morning, along with how to turn in late work.
- Would any seniors like to go with Mr. Moore, Ms. Charron, and Cawd2 to the College Fair at St. Mikes tomorrow morning from 9:45 – 11:30ish? It means you will have less time to work on your bedroom, but would be a nice way to start or continue looking at college options for you. Let me know if you would like to be added to the list.
- Daniel, Ben, Michael, Levi and Cole you must be at the CTE Door / with the awning that faces the Tennis Courts, at 9:15 on Friday morning for your first Python course. Please tell your Friday morning teachers early, and if they would like they can email Ms. Charron (firstname.lastname@example.org) to confirm.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Gradebooks with Mr. Bohmann
- Seeing our averages
- Seeing the missing assignments
- Reading comments
10:05 Turning in Late Work in Cawd
If you miss an assignment, there is a formal way to get that assignment turned in.
First / the uploading
Put the work where it was supposed to go, following all specifics including asset counts, file names, etc.
Second / the email
If you upload a project after I grade, there is no formal handing-paper-to-teacher notification that work as been turned in. You email me when you have turned in late work.
Let’s all visit the procedure in the Resources section of Cawd.
10:10 Late Work Amnesty / today until 10:45 only
We all know how to turn work in on time.
We now all know how to turn in late work.
The excuses are over, the expectation going forward is that work is turned in on time.
With that said…
This morning and this morning only I am going to allow students to turn in late work, and rework low grades, so long as the work is turned in and emailed to me by 11:00 this morning. That gives me time to look at your work during Engish.
Anything turned in / emailed after 11:00:01 will receive a letter grade off per day penalty, which is standard for Cawd.
Let’s use this time to get caught up, clear up any confusion, etc.
If you are saying to yourself, “Mr. Cronin, I have an “A”, I’ve got this”…
Get into your bedroom and produce!
Make progress on your bedroom! Save often, and keep adding in the content.
10:40 CTE Open House
- A piece of mail when to your family talking about the CTE Open House next Thursday 9/20 from 6-8pm, starting in the cafeteria. Academic teachers will be in the cafeteria from our CTE courses, there will be workshops on using the gradebook for your families, etc.
- I have a conflict with my daughters Kindergarten Open House, which is OF COURSE the same date and time.
- Due to this I am going to have the classroom open early on the same Thursday 9/20 from 2:05 to 5pm. If your family can make it earlier, I would love to meet them, and we can show off your work, your bedroom, and they can get questions asked.
- I also have AM availability if that is better – we will work something out. My email is in the letter.
- Please give the letters to your family which outlines this.
- The key is please don’t have your family move heaven and earth to see the room and meet me from 6-8pm on Thursday 9/20 as I simply won’t be here. Mr. Moore will be here with his room open and he can answer questions.
10:45 (Break 15 Minutes)
11:00 English with Mr. Bisson
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Thursday Afternoon Head to Head Design Competition: Desks
We are 50% through the head to head competition! Tuesday morning Mr. Moore and the Cawd2 kids come in to see your work presented.
Check the Monday Dayplan for specifics.