Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
Quizzes on Friday morning. 15% of your grade are the quizzes, typically 9 new, 1 review, and 1 extra credit question from our articles.
This years Sat / Act prep work comes from “100 Most Common SAT Words” by Quizlet. As we are using their list to pull from you are able to use their free study tools. Make a free account so you add the new words to your Study Bank. As the weeks go by and you are studying from this ever growing word bank, you will find that your vocabulary (speaking and retention) has improved.
The weekly latin root comes from “42 Most Common Latin Roots”.
Sat / Act prep
- Abbreviate – shorten, abridge. “Computer Animation and Web Design” is abbreviated to Cawd.
- Abstinence – act of refraining from. “The student abstained from playing video games as he crammed for his Physics exam.”
- Adulation – high praise. “The player received adulation for scoring so many points in the championship game.”
Latin Root of the week
- ann, enn – year, yearly. “The vet came to check on the dog on an annual basis.”
General Cawd Life
- Vocab and Terminologies come out on Monday’s and are content we have already introduced in class.
- Quizzes are Friday’s after break.
- All work in Cawd due at 11:00am on Monday’s in Cawd. This is after Site Maintenance.
- Ms. Charron is the Cawd Guidance Counselor. She is located in Student Services (where we had our pictures taken).
- Ms. Dickinson is our Cawd Administrator. She is located in the CTE Main Office.
- You are not only graded for the specific work product you turn in, and quizzes, but also Worker Traits. Worker Traits are employability traits which evaluate you on soft skills for business including:
- Being positive.
- Working well with all types of students.
- Being punctual.
- Working clean.
- Cawd Quarter Grade Breakdown:
- Projects – 60%
- Worker Traits – 25%
- Quizzes – 15%
- Lock Down Procedure
- Sit in center of the room silently with lights out.
- Fire Drill Procedure
- Move as a class out to the parking lot where I take attendance and turn it in outside – don’t go and socialize, please move right to our spot.
- Site Maintenance is time on Monday’s in Cawd where I meet individualy with students and tell them what worked from the previous week, and what the student needs to work on. Around these meetings you will get an hour (9:45-10:45) to check the “What is due” and complete / upload your work to the Cawd Web Server.
- “What is due’s” are weekly lists that specifically outline not only what projects are due, but file name structure, asset counts, etc. I grade you verses the “What is due”. If you want an A, learn to visit the “What is due’s” often.
- Blender is a professional, free and open-source 3D computer graphics software toolset used for creating animated films, visual effects, art, 3D printed models, interactive 3D applications and video games.
- Adobe Photoshop is a raster graphics editor developed and published by Adobe Systems for macOS and Windows. Digital image manipulation is a common use for Photoshop.
- Adobe Illustrator is a vector graphics editor developed and marketed by Adobe Systems. Logos and characters are common uses .