Class hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- Welcome to Monday, Midterm Day 5 – your final day of Midterms!
- So, you are are awoken one morning to a hideous noise 6 inches from your face. Which would be more concerning? This or that?
- Think / talk to people in the room regarding Design Competitions. We have to make decisions tomorrow after our Mid Term Presentations, and get right into production.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Pin Design Voting Update
Congrats go out to Matisse and his Pin Design for being selected by the students of the school to move to the next round of the design competition!
Matisse will now present to industry judges this Friday morning in a 5-7 minute pitch. He will talk about his design work flow, his inspiration, how he created his design, and how it represents Vermont and high school students.
Cawd and Cawd2 took 3 of the top 5 spots at CTE! Jimmy and Judah will be representing Cawd2.
Matisse – your first practice Speech is Wednesday morning at 9:45! (We will talk about this today, no worries).
9:55 2019 Cawd Midterm
We are going to change when we present our Midterms for final grade tomorrow, Tuesday, January 15th. We are doing this for 3 reasons:
- Snow day
- ehs changing their midterm schedule
- We are hosting visitors from BHS tomorrow morning
So this is what Tuesday is going to look like roughly:
9:45 – 10:05: Midterm Production / Working with visitors
10:10: Early Break
10:25 – 11:05: Midterm Production / Working with visitors
11:15 Midterm Final Presentations for Grade
1:00 Midterm Final Presentations for EHS students that arrive after their exams (end at 12:45)
1:20 Skills Design Competitions Team Selections / Start Working on this weeks projects depending on your discipline
This week will be ugly with such strange schedules, but it is what it is. We have to adapt to it.
Notes to think about
- students with EHS exams you have 45 minutes to eat in the morning, and then maybe 10 after your exam. EHS is telling you to come right to Cawd at 12:45, but I am giving you until 1.
- students with CTE 7/8 classes you still need to leave at 12:40, but I am going to give Cawd lunch until 1pm this week. No I can’t get you out of your CTE 7/8 classes, so you still need to be there by 12:45.
- Tuesday after ehs students present their exams we are going to build Skills teams and start working. That may mean that you are gone when we make teams – make sure you talk to your classmates today if you want to form a team. If you wait until Wednesday you may find the partner you wished you had is with someone else.
Final Day of Midterm Notes
- Ensure you work product is correctly sized, correctly uploaded with the correct file names. It is all in the Midterm Day 1 Dayplan.
- If you are an ehs student and need a ride home go to the CTE office and sign up. Info in the Midterm Day 4 Dayplan.
- We are going to have visitors tomorrow during Midterms – and we know that this helps your worker trait grade. Before I assign the visitors (and the extra credit / MIDTERM extra credit) would anyone like the visitors?