Class hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- You made it! The end of Week 1. Everyone enjoy your long weekend. Go swimming. Go outside.
- Remember that Design Homework 1 Bedroom Pre-production is due when you walk into class on Tuesday morning.
- Any remaining start of school paperwork to be turned in? I am missing it from 9 students – get it in today and you get an “A” for your first Cawd grade. I have to turn it in right after school.
- We are not going to do a schedule check at 12:00 today – we are back to the “A” day in our schedule. Wherever you went on Wednesday, you are going to go to today.
- We are also not going to walk people to busses anymore – at this point you know where you are going likely.
- Nothing is due today! After our long weekend we will get time Tuesday morning to finalize projects and turn them in. If you feel you are behind on the organic creation, text bio, sticker, etc, please use time when you are “done” a project to finish other projects. Maximize your time in class and you won’t be stressed or anxious.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Day 2 with Blender
We lost a bit of time yesterday in Blender due to our vinyl’s, so I want to dedicate the morning session to continuing to work on our Ice Cream Cone first scene. I would like to be able to cover today:
- The Node Editor
- Mixing Shaders, specifically Glossy and Diffuse
- Emissive Materials
10:45 (Break 15 Minutes)
11:00 First Quiz of the Year!
Mid mornings on Friday’s in Cawd are saved for our weekly quiz, along with traditional hand drawn work. This project workflow is setup so students that take 5 minutes for the quiz, or 25 minutes for the quiz, will have a silent activity to jump into after they submit their quiz.
Click here to begin, this first quiz is really just an information gathering for for me as an educator to learn a bit more about you.
11:25 Friday Morning Sketching Content: Free Sketch
Most of the time sketching topics are very specific.
- It could be practicing a new traditional artistic technique, such as a type of shading.
- It could be pre-production for a larger project. The brainstorming portion of it.
- It could also be a free sketch where I unleash your creativity without constraints.
Today will be one of those free sketches. You cold draw a light house, character, logo, something abstract, a level, a game item, a sunset – really anything. I want to use this as a baseline to see what types of art we can create as a class.
Sign and date, and right before we practice our fire / drills we will sign and date and place on the back table. We are going to stay in our seats and do this all at once to start to model our standard Friday quiz taking process.
If you finish early use extra time to finish and polish other projects.
11:50 Drill Practice
- Lockdown / Lights out expectations and prodecure
- Fire Drill Location
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Blender Content
- Animation in Blender.
- Simulation Animations – what can Blender do for us through the physics and simulation engines?
- Rigid Bodies.
- Preview Animations – lacking lighting and textures, but great to see the motion of your animation.
Today we are going to be working to create some simulation based animations. First we are going to play with some basic objects and create simulation based animations.
1:10 Friday Afternoon Animation Exercise: Domino Animation
This afternoon we are going to work to create a physics based animation based around the idea of Domino’s. While we are not going to texture them, they need to have the boxes need to have the rough shape of a domino.
How you create your animation is up to you, you can to traditional, you can go complex, you can try to push your creativity where the domino’s go “up” as they fall down, etc.
Save your file as “domino.blend” when we are done for the day – which is after dailies!