Class hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- Welcome to Week 10!
- Nice take on Blue Screen (BSOD) on of death for Halloween.
- Speaking of Halloween – Costumes! 10:30 this Wednesday we will take our class photo with as many people as we can get. If you know of “good people” that are wearing costumes, invite them to join us. There will be a costume judging contest in room M116 between 10:30 and 11:00. Come and show off your costume and have the change to win a CTE hoodie or winter cap. Masks on only for the photo and the contest, you can’t have them on during school for reasonable reasons.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Krispy Kreme Fundraiser (THIS IS IT)
Please give me all that you have. Today is the cut off.
9:50 Week 10 Focus
Our Week 10 focus will be twofold:
- Early in the week (Tuesday -> Wednesday)
- Mornings: “Community Service Learning Day” prep work.
- Afternoons: Halloween related isometric project with Cawd2
- Later in the week (Thursday -> Friday)
- Community Service Learning Days. Work with senior citizens to provide our service as designers through a school based community service learning project.
- Uploading any missing work from Quarter 1 as the quarter ends on Friday, November 2nd. Yes November is this week! After Friday afternoon any missing work is missing forever, and we focus on Q2 starting Monday, November 5th.
- Lunch will go by rows (so we aren’t empty), and there will be no smash / no guitar / no socialization / no videos / no games / no freestyle rapping in Cawd during lunch these days. Leave for these lunches, as the other 2/3rds of Cawd will not be at lunch.
9:55 Design Homework 10: Halloween Themed Art
Halloween is Wednesday, for DH | 10 draw something Halloween-ish. This must be class appropriate (save the gore for other classes) but can range from scary, to spooky, to cartoonish, to realistic. Let’s say your work as to be inspired by a scary night, and then run with it as a topic.
Realistic, cartoonish, abstract, typography, literal – all options open so long as it is Halloween inspired.
Sign and date, due 1 week from today.
10:00 Site Maintenance
- Check the “Week 9” What is due – work due at 11am today.
- Bring over your sketchbook with DH | 9 when we meet.
- No quiz this week as Thursday and Friday are going reserved for Community Service Learning Days.
10:40 Intro to Isometric Afternoons
10:45 (Break 15 Minutes)
11:00 English with Mr. Bisson
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Monday -> Wednesday Afternoon Cawd and Cawd2 Exercise: Isometric Haunted House
Afternoons over the next 3 days are going to be spent working in small teams in conjunction with Cawd2. We are going to be creating Isometric Rooms similar to what Colton did, and what has become a pretty popular project in design.
As Cawd2 has already been working with this, there are going to be 7 Creative Directors from Cawd2 who are going to help run the project. You will be teamed up with them as 3D Designers.
- Cawd2 Students are Creative Directors. They will be managing the group, putting together final project, and building the room itself.
- Cawd Students are the 3D Designers. They will be working with their CD to build elements, shared on the public, which the CD’s will put in their rooms.
This is going to be a very collaborative project with larger teams just as we see in Cawd related industries. Designers and CD’s will be going back and forth between the rooms, sharing, asking questions, sharing, helping – should be a nice process.
- Cam L.
Each CD is going to create a final large render, and turn in to myself and Mr. Moore. Your team project itself will be a group grade. Help your team, you are working together, work for the greater good.
Mr. Moore and I will combine them together into a final product.
We are going to do most of the rooms we see above, but swap out the 2nd bedroom and the outside “room” for some other options just for diversity.
- 2nd Bedroom
- Dinning Room
We are going to have a live draft at 12:45. The following rooms will be built. 1st pick gets to pick 1st, etc. If you are the 1st pick the group will talk together and decide what they want to create – it is a group decision. CD’s don’t let the power go to your head. If they all want to revolt and stick you in a locker….maybe that says something about your leadership methods.
- Living Room
- Media Room
- Dining Room
Once we pick, CD’s are to do some concept art, talk with group about assets to create, and start the process. The CD’s will be checking in multiples times per afternoon with the group to ensure the project gets to a successful completion. Move to the back tables, get art supplies, and plan to work very socially over the next 3 afternoons.
Dailies today will come through the Cawd2 Twitters, and we will all come back to Cawd at 1:55 today and share them. CD’s are in charge of creating an “in-progress” render.