Class hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- Would anyone like to stay for the Cawd Homework Club? Remember that you are required to stay if missing any work.
- Today is donut pickup! We roll at 1:29.59. Quietly in the halls.
- Game Day Quiz on Friday! We must get a 90 or greater class average for a pre-vacation Game Day. It is all up to you as a class to know the content backwards and forwards, as well as know the extra credit options.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Morning Premiere Content
- Still frames in Premiere
- “Ken Burns Effect”
- Animatics – what is an Animatic?
10:00 Morning Premiere Exercise: Animatic for “Animate to This”
Here is a link to the .mp3 you will be animating to. Download this to your “week_11” folder.
Ideally you are going to scan and use your own Storyboard (located in your cubbies). This is the only way you can use this in a porfolio.
If you don’t want to use your own storyboard DeLu said we could use hers. At a minimum DeLu and the 5 college students that weren’t here on Friday when we did this are going to use the same storyboards. Here are the images, right click and open in new tabs, and save to your “week_11” folder. They are big, but I wanted high res imagery to work with.
The Dialogue (if you like to see the words while listening)
“How do the boards look?”
“They look fine.”
“No they don’t. They don’t look fine.”
“Well I can’t help when it snaps!”
“Well……it’s a bit heavy.”
Create your animatic with the cuts and timing to match up with the audio and the storyboard.
When complete export as “lastnameAnimatic.mp4” and upload to your “week_11” folder on the shared drive.
10:45 (Break 15 Minutes)
11:00 English with Mr. Bisson
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Blender -> Unreal Workflow
In Blender we will…
- Texture Objects with singular color palette
- Unwrap and move uv islands to the “correct” color
- Export FBX’s
In Unreal we will…
- Import FBX files
- Import Texture
- Connect Material created on FBX import to Texture
- Setup Collision
- Build Environment
1:10 Wednesday / Thursday Afternoon Game Environment Exercise: Low Poly Forest
After learning this afternoon how we will use a singular color palette and single texture image for 4 of our objects our objects, I want you to:
- Texture / Unwrap your existing models using the palette I have supplied to you. We are all going to have the same colors.
- Import to Unreal in level saved as “Low Poly Forest”. Save your level inside the FPS project. We can have lots of levels in a “project”.
- Setup collisions.
- Build an attractive “Low Poly Forest” and start working with composition and level design itself. Let’s say for this assignment there isn’t a definitive goal for your level, it is just going to be about practice, placement, and visual aesthetic. Make it an enjoyable environment to be in!
In the end I should not be able to walk through your trees, I should be able to jump on your rocks, etc.
Work and save often.
Dailies at 1:55 will be a print screen (command + 4 for the snip tool) if your environment created in Unreal.
For grading next week create 3 “print screen” renders called “lastnameForestUE_1.jpg” through “lastnameForestUE_3.jpg” and upload to “week_11”.
1:29 Get those donuts!
Yes we come back afterwards. We still have dailies.