Class hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- PPPP! Donations are used Friday before school, I blow all the money on you.
- So…delicious breakfast…but…
- Cat on billboard – seamless photoshop?
- Opaque water-bottle with gradations….
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Post Thanksgiving Character Animation Premise: The Challenge
After vacation we are going to be working on a longer form character animation based around a prompt of “A Challenge”. Your story and how you animate it will be up to you. Your starting point is your character.
Today we are going to be working on a Pre-Production Packet. This packet is going to contain 5 specific elements:
- In one sentence, what is your animation about?
- In a brief summary or general survey of your animation (think 2 paragraphs), what happens in your animation.
- In the supplied cells (4 pages are supplied) storyboard out your animation. Use standard printer paper / sketchbook paper if you need more storyboard sheets and are at home.
- Using industry specific language, what are the shots you will include in your project.
The Asset List:
- What must be created in Blender and/or Photoshop for your project?
This packet must be filled out (legibly) and turned in the Monday we return from vacation. You have an hour to work on this today in class, but if you would like you can do this as homework. Doing so will give you an hour of time this morning to finalize your “The Gap” project, or work on your afternoon Low Poly Game Environment.
The reality is you will have a week+ at home, and the “Challenge” pre-production packet can be done at home. I am putting the organization of this up to you, and trusting you as a young designer to “get it done”. In the real world, so long as your work gets done, often CD’s don’t care when it gets done, just hit your deadlines.
I am grading this as a 2 hour Cawd project. It is important, it has weight in your gradebook, plan to give it the attention it deserves. (Sometimes pre-production doesn’t feel like a “real” project to young designers. This is far from the truth…)
10:45 (Break 15 Minutes)
11:00 English with Mr. Bisson
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Monday through Thursday Low Poly Game Environment Project: Self Directed World
Check back to the Monday / Tuesday dayplan for specifics.
Work and save.