Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
- Thanks to all that rolled with it yesterday. Heard good reports, just had 4 kids lose points for headphones, and 2 for art supplies.
- I know many of you know, but as is open up at 9 am going forward, I going to keep the room open until 2:35 on Monday, Thursday, and Friday’s from now on. Even some of the Tuesday’s when we don’t have staff meetings. All students are welcome to stay and work until 2:35. This is on top of the Wednesday Homework club which goes until 3.
- Early break today, early study group.
- Directly after break we are going to go to see a speaker from BTV Ignite in the auditorium. Behave as you did at Dealer and you will do great.
- Jimmy’s 1930’s photo was selected by Mrs. Curtis to be used for her Aunt’s 104th birthday. Jimmy – Mrs. Curtis wants you to come down to Student Services today and let her know what types of Doughnuts and Cookies you want as your reward. Don’t forget!
- The physics seem just a tad too agressive.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Pin Design Partner Work: 4 Designs
This morning you are going to work with partners / small groups to sugar down your designs. Don’t go through this process without careful thought. This overall project will be a “Process Piece” that goes into your Portfolio. Everything from the Pin Design Planning Packet through the Final Digital Creation will be combined into a larger project. Due to this you will be sticking to what you choose as designs today. You can’t decide when we get to work digitally to go in a different direction. In the real world, we have to follow a design workflow of approved, thoughtful designs.
You just can’t sit down at your computer, create a blank file, and say “….hmm, I think I will make …. a dragon”.
You will each get your Pin Design Planning Packets back. In teams of two you are going to talk about what could be interesting designs and start with a 4 pack of sketches.
Teams (subject to change based on sickness / alien abduction / Just because I want to):
- Judah / Jimmy
- Tristen / Nathan
- Miles / Laterreur
- CJ / Meli
- Haven /Eli
- Jordan / Isaac
- Jean-Marie / Thompson
- Evan / Shepherd
- Colton / LaForce
- Moore / Leavitt
- Wood / Senghe / Wytewa (Group of 3, but extra credit still in play if at least 2 of you get selected)
Green Groups need to go to back tables to work, everyone else gather at one of the groups stations.
The main rules are you must represent Vermont:
In the supplied 4 cell sheet I want you to design 4 different pins. Each must include Vermont imagery as well as the following words:
- SkillsUSA – written just as it appears, everything uppercase except “kills“.
- They written as 2018-2019 or 18-19. Please note that we are designing a year ahead, it is not this year.
While you design I want you to talk with your partner, run ideas by each other, talk about options, etc. You don’t have to agree with each other, but it is nice for designers to work together to run ideas by each other. Choose your topics carefully.
It behooves you to help each other succeed. Collaborate pretty efficiently though, as after the quiz you are back to working on your own silently.
Let me tell you a story about a whistle, Mr. Moore, and a Nintendo controller. An example of where we collaborated on a final product.
(Be honest, was I right? I was, wasn’t I.)
10:10 Cawd Study Group
Remember I need your notes before you go to the Study Group today.
10:30 Early Break (15 Minutes)
10:45 BTV Ignite Talk
- Future Vermont 21st Century Digital Ecconomy
- Flexible Work
- Working Remotely
- Gig Economies
When dismissed, come right back to Cawd for our quiz.
11:25ish Friday Morning Quiz
- Notes / Music Away
- Single Browser Tab
- Silent / Stay in Seats
- Click here.
11:40 Friday Morning Sketching Content: 2 Designs
Taking the supplied sheet, take your two best ideas and do second, larger drafts. One of these two designs will go into final production, make sure you are happy with both of them.
Will you choose which goes in? Will I? Will the class? Hmmm… You will find out next week.
Turn in both 4 Designs, and 2 Designs, by next Wednesday at 3. Stapled.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Friday Afternoon Google 20% Project
Regardless of what you choose to work on save in a dedicated “20” folder on your web server / shared drive.
I am coming around for topics today at 12:50.