Class hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- Quiz today!
- A drawback of new LED traffic lights is they don’t emit heat….
- What? Just try to say it in your mind / out loud.
- Lock Down Drill today at 9:50 – dark / silent / 10 minutes on the floor.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Morning Animation Content
- Review of Animate, and FBF Animation
- Keyframes vs. Breakdowns vs. Inbetweens
- Working with a Parasol to get practice
- Reducing frame rate down while we work / back to 30 when we export.
- Powers of 2 for easy division (0 / 12 / 24)
Export your .mp4 as “parasol.mp4” and upload to Shared drive. Your Parasol should be closed / open to overly stretched position, and then come back to a position or rest.
10:25 Cawd Study Group
10:45 (Break 15 Minutes)
11:00 Week 13 Quiz
- Silent until noon.
- Stay in your seats.
- When complete move right into our post-quiz project.
- Click here.
11:25 Friday Morning Sketching Exercise: 2 Point Perspective Shapes
This morning I want you to play with the idea of 2 Point perspective. Remember that you are going to have two vanishing points on the left and right hand side, and your lines giving depth must connect (or be leading to) these points.
For this assignment I want to you draw the following shapes floating in space – it will be influenced by the above sketch, but doesn’t have to be exact. Please use 2 Point perspective and sketch:
- 3 cubes
- 3 rectangles (make them obvious rectangles)
- 1 Cylinder
- 1 additional shape with a hole cut out of it, like the shape on the upper left hand of the drawing above
Shading required. Pick a side for the light source to be coming from and have one side lighter, and one side darker. If we are going to see under or above any of your shapes, make sure to brighten or darken accordingly.
If you haven’t yet started the Design Homework this week, or looked at the learning resource I gave to you Monday, watch it first before trying to wing it!
Name and date, on back table at lunch.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Friday Afternoon Google Inspired 20% Project
I am coming around today at 12:50 for topics. Save with the “20” structure as normal.