Class hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- Welcome to Week 13!
- As you know we “lost” our game day, but “found” a day off. What we are going to do is automatically give you the December Game Day regardless of any Quiz score as you earned the Thanksgiving one fair and square. I have $67 which will be added to any other money we raise for the December Game Day.
- A collection of interesting and visually attractive designs.
- Always good to deconstruct design with issues to learn from their mistakes.
- We are going to continue working with our Low Poly Themed Game Environments this week, this week adding a collectable item.
- Congrats to Jimmy for being a Vermont finalist for the Presidential Scholars Program! Give him a thumbs up when you see him.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 DH 13 | 2 Point Perspective
Quarter 2 deals with Perspective. We will go over the different types of perspective, and you will start building a portfolio that demonstrates your proficiencies in perspective.
We are going to YouTube and a popular art teacher named Jazza to help us learn. The nice thing about his videos are they are asynchronous (you can watch them any time, from Site Maintenance, to 2am Thursday morning) to learn and review. He also has an Australian accent which keeps it interesting.
This week we are going to shift to 2-Point Perspective. Two point perspective uses two points placed on the horizon line.
In this second lesson you have to watch from 5 minutes and 20 seconds in to 10 minute 30 seconds in, this will explain and give examples of 2 point perspective.
After you feel comfortable with the process, I want you to draw a House in 2 point perspective.
Sign and date, due 1 week from today.
9:50 Site Maintenance
- Check the Week 12 “What is due”.
- The Week 13 Vocab is posted – quiz on Friday.
- Bring over your completed “The Challenge” Pre Production Packet as well as DH | 12 Block Letters in 1-Point Perspective when we meet.
- While you work today and Monday afternoon I am going to come and “play” your low poly theme environment for grade. These presentations start individually at 12:50 today. Please be ready with your 4 objects, the applied material, and collisions!
10:45 (Break 15 Minutes)
11:00 English with Mr. Bisson
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Monday / Tuesday Blender Exercise: Low Poly Collectable Item Creation
Today and Tuesday afternoon you are going to be working on a collectable item for your Low Poly Environment. I am going to use a low poly “Mario” style coin as our in-class example, but after we work together your item is really up to you. We will collect the item and apply as part of our score in the “environment”.
We work together initially – you start working independently at 1:10.
Monday / Tuesday
- Model “collectable” – what makes sense for your world?
- Create texture map / use your theme palette (up to you).
What we will do Wednesday / Thursday
- Export from Blender -> bring into Unreal.
- Setup rotating behavior / ability to “collect” the item by using a Blueprint. Collecting the item means it disappears, we hear a sound, and an item count increases.
Today we will quickly model in Blender a low poly coin to get a bit of a review.
1:10 Independent Work Time to build your collectable
Model what makes sense for your world. What Davin is going to make is going to be different in style to what Ben makes. Both can can be correct / get the “A”.
Work and save, nothing to turn in yet.