Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
- Welcome back to Week 13!
- After vacations, I prefer to do a review quiz, so this Friday we will be quizzed on Week 9 and Week 11 Vocab and Terminologies. Extra credit questions come from this week.
- Tomorrow we are going on a field trip to Dealer.com. Don’t be late as we are leaving at 9:40 sharp!
- Starting tomorrow Cawd will be opening for students at 9AM daily. The reality is Mr. Cronin’s life has changed, and I can’t spend 3 hours each night on curriculum/learning anymore – even though I enjoy it. I need a couple hours of time in class to prepare and push Cawd the way it needs to be. So, starting tomorrow, 9AM we open up.
- CJ if you want to leave the SNES here please wrap it up at break and find a way to put in game drawer. It may or may not fit. I believe in you.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Design Homework 13 | 2 Point Perspective
As we told you early in the year our hand-drawn art component is going to have a sub-focus on three specific areas that Champlain College (where many of our students go for college) are looking for:
- Perspective (1, 2, and 3 point)
- Still Lifes
As we are into the 2nd quarter we are going to begin our 2nd quarter sub focus – Perspective Drawing. At the end of Q2 I want you to be able to on the fly draw anything at 1, 2, or 3 point perspective.
Week 13’s Design Homework and Friday morning sketch are going to be around the idea of 2 point perspective.
Regardless if you are a perspective pro, or you don’t have an idea what I am talking about, watch from 5:15 t0 10:30 of this video. It will give you a great overview of the process, specific to 2 point perspective.
Once you have the basics down, I want you to turn to the next page of your sketchbook and design for me a Tudor style house with a cart in-front of it, just as Jazza draws. This will mimic the lesson we are shown in the video above.
Friday’s 2 point perspective sketch will be something different, but still focusing on 2 point perspective.
About 5 of you did very poorly on the 1 point Design Homework & Dock into Sea sketches. I fear you didn’t use the resource I gave to you, and you just did your own thing. If you want a higher grade this time, don’t do your own thing.
Name and date, due in 1 week.
- Check the Week 12 “What is due” – the big BIG grade will be Thursday morning when we present our “The Challenge” animations to the class. Let’s go over the specifics. I will be honest that I have not been overly impressed by what I saw before vacation for this project – I fear the thought of a 9 day break may have lulled you into a false sense of security. If it was the real world you would be in trouble (and rightly so), but this is not the real world, and I need you to practice the animation principles and technical shots. Due to this I am going to allocate the following time this week to finish and perfect your “The Challenge” animation:
- Monday / Tuesday / Wednesday afternoons this week – this is additional time I have created.
- Wednesday morning – this time was already allocated.
Here is the official “The Challenge” rubric which will be used to grade your work. Please look it over and grade yourself before the presentation. We will only get to see what you present, what you show us.
- Review quiz this Friday, on the last two vocab and terminologies (Week 9, Week 11). No dedicated review question (as the entire quiz is review questions) and the extra credit question will come from this weeks article.
- Students missing any work (such as Design Homework 12 | Free Sketch) are required to stay after school on Wednesday for Homework Club as normal.
10:35 Dealer.com Field Trip
- What is Dealer.com – what do they do?
- Connection between life in high school and life after graduation. It isn’t all just pizza and video games.
- Timing / Chaperones / Expectations
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 English with Mr. Bisson
- Be back at 11am sharp for attendance.
- Give your attention to Mr. Bisson who is our Cawd English teacher.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Character Animation Exercise: The Challenge
- Presentations 9:45 this Thursday morning in our Cawd Film Festival.