Class hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- Would anyone like to stay for today’s Cawd Homework Club? Remember if you are missing any work you are required to stay and get caught up.
- You will get tomorrow morning to finish making all “The Challenge” animation assets. Don’t feel stressed if you didn’t finish yesterday, or your work isn’t to “A” level – you will have more time. I would rather the assets that go into your project are high quality than you rushing to get into the animation. We will have time for the animation starting next week.
9:40 Attendance and Article (longer article, we will split in 2)
9:45 SkillsUSA Pin Design Competition with Mr. Moore
Wednesday’s mornings through the end of the year are going to be dedicated to working with Mr. Moore on our first outside of the classroom Design Competition through the SkillsUSA Organization. Design Competitions are great ways build a portfolio and resume for applying to college and beyond.
We are going to trade rooms for these morning sessions, and I will jump into Cawd2 to work with his kids.
10:45 (Break 15 Minutes)
11:00 English with Mr. Bisson
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article (2nd half of morning article
12:45 Afternoon Blender / Unreal Content
- Export from Blender with materials
- Import to Unreal
- Setup as Blueprint
1:10 Wednesday / Thursday Afternoon Game Design Exercise: Your Pickup added to your low poly world
Once you understand the basic process, I want you to take your own object and import it into UE. Setup so that it:
- Is “destroyed” when we “collect” it
- Plays a sound
- Keeps score through and uses a print string to log the score to the screen.
No real way for me to test this other than playing it, which will happen early next week.