Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
- Welcome to Week 14!
- Tomorrow we have our “The Challenge” Animation presentations. Would anyone like a Rubric to prepare / pre-grade yourself?
- Around the holidays Cawd likes to give back. We are going to run a Food Drive for local food shelf Heavenly Pantry for the next 2 and a half Weeks until Wednesday, December 20th. In addition to getting a 90+ on the Game Day Quiz on Friday, December 15th, we have to get to a minimum of 100 pieces of food to donate. We have until English on Wednesday, December 20th to do this. In addition to the 100 to get the game day, each additional 50 pieces of food reduce the score we need by 2 points.
- Pretty nice college basketball intro. Combination of 3D graphics and over court projectors.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Design Homework 14 | Two Point Perspective Floating Shapes
In a continuation of our 2 Point Perspective work, this week I want to draw a minimum of 10 floating shapes using 2 point perspective. Consider doing this with shading as the example above illustrates.
Shading required. Color optional.
This is exactly what Champlain College (and other colleges and universities) are looking for in their applicants.
Sign and date, due next Monday.
- Check the Week 13 “What is due”
- Start studying for the Week 14 quiz – nice job last week, as a class you earned a 95 average.
- Prepare your presentation for your tomorrow’s “The Challenge” presentation.
10:35 Week 14 Afternoon Introduction
- We are going to start a focus on the next two weeks on an Advertising unit in the afternoons.
- We are going to be working with Mrs. Wolfe’s Pre-tech 2 class (sophomores). They make salsa, and we are going to help them with the Advertising and 3D graphics. They are going to make their brand / brand graphics with Mr. Moore in Cawd2, and then work with Cawd to create television / YouTube commercials for their presentations.
- We are going to create the frameworks this week in our own projects. We are going to build the assets needed as if we were working in the advertising industry.
- Today / Tuesday we are going to go through a step by step to learn some new tools and techniques, Wednesday and Thursday you will use these new techniques to build your own jars / brands.
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 English with Mr. Bisson
- Be back at 11am sharp for attendance.
- Give your attention to Mr. Bisson who is our Cawd English teacher.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Monday / Tuesday Afternoon Maya Content
This afternoon we are going to be going through a step by step to create a Salsa Jar, something famous and recognizable from the Pace Brand.
We are all going to create something roughly like this:
- Revolve Surfaces / Nurbs / Polygons
- Bezier tool adjustments
Dailies today will be a render of what we all do as a class, so can see your work.