Class hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- Today is another Tumultuous Tuesday. Schedules changed accordingly.
- Can you see the loop?
- Another neat one.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 The Challenge Animation Production Time
Week 13 Asset Creation – everything to be built for your story must be completed this week. Animatic of your Story – let’s see your timing, get sound effects, music, etc. Continued practice of shots / editing / film production in English
- Animation – all initial animation and rendering gets done.
- Edit together a first draft by the end of the week for presentations Tuesday of Week 15.
- Continued practice of shots / editing / film production in English
- Draft Presentation Tuesday / Feedback. Get constructive criticism.
- Animation Revision – fix the issues in your Animation. These could be fixes in:
- Modeling / textures
- The Challenge Final Presentations on Tuesday December 18th at 9:45.
Tuesday / Thursday Expectations
Let’s go over the goals we have for you over these two mornings.
- No previews / all work required to be rendered. If this means rendering during English, break, lunch, 7/8, over night, whatever it takes.
- You are required to use a low depth of field in your project. I would recommend you use it multiple times, but at the very minimum you must use it once. Let’s look at Toy Story 3 as an example.
- Hide issues! If you having problems with your feet going through the floor, don’t show it! If your hand is clipped through an item, don’t show it!
- You get 2 full mornings to work / be productive and on task.
- Editing, sound, and technical precision can’t make your work perfect, but can really improve from a “meh” story. Make sure you have enough time for post-production.
- I am going to come around and grade your Low Poly Pickups today stating at 11 instead of the afternoons. Please be ready right after break.
10:45 (Break 15 Minutes)
11:00 The Challenge Animation Production Time
11:50 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:20 Silent Site Maintenance / Missing Work Check
- Check to see if you are missing any work / after school for tomorrows Cawd Homework Club.
- Work on anything Cawd related / Design Homework / College Homework
- 12:40 Departures for CTE students. EHS Students do not return after lunch, your class next class now begins at 12:25.
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Monday / Tuesday Afternoon Advanced Driving Content
Today and Tuesday we are going to get an introduction into the Advanced Vehicle Driving game modes in UE4. We will also introduce more and more Unreal content as we go which can go into any game mode, be it FPS, Advanced Driving, Etc.
- Advanced Driving / The Blueprints that make it up.
- Landscape Tools / What we can do with them / How to use them.
- Importing some of our Low Poly Assets we created for your themed level and Forest Pack world.
- Flipping cars back onto the roofs:
Students that were not here yesterday have to create a level for dailies which includes the following elements:
- Terrain used
- Arena Mesh Objects
- At least a single object imported into the game that YOU have made
Take a screenshot for your 1:55 dailies – PNG acceptable for this.
Work and save.