Class hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- Would anyone like a Homework Club bus this afternoon? Remember that students missing any work are required to stay after school.
- Quiz Friday!
- I need to see Low Poly Collectibles with rotation/sound/score this afternoon from Colby and Cole.
- The fruits of your labor for the Donut Fundraiser. Brace yourselves, the Switch is coming.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 SkillsUSA Pin Design Competition with Mr. Moore
Wednesday’s mornings through the end of the year are going to be dedicated to working with Mr. Moore on our first outside of the classroom Design Competition through the SkillsUSA Organization. Design Competitions are great ways build a portfolio and resume for applying to college and beyond.
We are going to trade rooms for these morning sessions, and I will jump into Cawd2 to work with his kids.
Template for Illustrator – 7 x 7 normal size AND 1 x 1 small size. Focus on large size first.
10:45 (Break 15 Minutes)
11:00 English with Mr. Bisson
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Wednesday / Thursday Driving Game Exercise
Today and Thursday you are going to be working to create a driving game level which includes the following:
- Terrain setup with hills around the outside as a terminating horizon – we don’t want to see the world just end, we want to see hills around our level as in the picture above.
- A short loop based track. We should be able to finish a loop in 30 seconds.
- Use objects that you have built (low poly world / themed world) to help you lead the racer along the track. It needs to be pretty obvious which way to go.
- Create a ravine / chasm with the terrain tools and incorporate a bridge that you build in Blender to cross it. The bridge will be built and exported as an .fbx, and incorporated into Unreal. We are to drive across the bridge during the lap.
If you are here both afternoons you have three extra requirements
These requirements are for you to learn about on your own. Our Cawd Advisory Board (professionals in the industry) have said that learning to learn is one of the most important lessons to learn young.
You will practice this today by learning the following 3 processes:
- Have a windmill in your level that you build in Unreal. The modeling means less, the rotation of the blades is important. I want an animated windmill in your game.
- Add something to YOU built to the basic unreal car. It could be Ben’s Go-kart, it could be Liam’s Oven, whatever. Have fun with it.
- Create collectable which does something in your game. It could play a horn sound, it could speed up your car as a boost (look up Physics Thruster in Unreal), it could quit the game, the light could change from day to night, etc. If I drive over your collectable, something happens.
2 letter grade extra credit opportunity
- Install screen capture software on your school machine and record a demo of the requirements at a good frame rate. Show me this when I grade you and your “A” goes to a 115. Report Cards really like having 115’s as part of your average.
I am going to come and drive your level next week for grade, simply work and save right now. Work and save.