Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
- Students may stay and work today until 3pm when all Week 13 work is due – would anyone like a Homework Club bus? There are 9 students missing at least 1 project, make sure you check your grade book, and are here after school if missing anything.
- There is one 4/2 pack of sketches on the back table without a name or date – no points lost as they aren’t due until 3pm, but please fix.
- Cawd Food Drive! So far we have 0 pieces of food.
- Stunting with Thomas the Train.
- Some really nice projects yesterday! We will continue and finish presentations this morning.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 “The Challenge” Presentations
10:15 Morning Animation Content: 12 Principles (Compressed due to presentations)
- Slow In and Slow Out – we are already doing much of this already as it is the default way Maya animates, but good to review when doing content in other animation software.
- Secondary Action – again, some of this we have already done, but good to be familier with all of the principles by their names when you get into industry / college.
Today we are going to play in both Maya and Animate.
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 English with Mr. Bisson
- Be back at 11am sharp for attendance.
- Give your attention to Mr. Bisson who is our Cawd English teacher.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Wednesday / Thursday Advertising Content: Your Salsa
Continuing with what we started on Monday, we are going to build our Salsa Brand, as well as the Salsa itself. Use what we created Monday as your base.
I am not going to talk at you a bunch today, as you really know what to do, but this is the rough afternoon workflow.
- Create “salsa” by creating and revolving a line that mimics the jars profile, and then goes to the center of the jar. This way when you revolve it it will be “solid”. Very similar to the lid.
- Create a “brand” for your Salsa and apply to the jar. Any image from the internet is legal to use. You want a traditional salsa? Sure, snag some imagery of peppers, Mexico, etc. You want a “Nicholas Cage” Salsa? Ok, get a picture of Nicolas Cage being excited about Salsa. The Word Salsa must show up. You will apply this material to the central area of the jar, just as I have done above.
- Texture your salsa. I have used a “mountain” material in the Salsa above, and adjusted the settings to get a red look with green flecks. This is called a procedural texture and is built into Maya, and uses Math to programmatically create a material. Are they as photo realistic as image based textures? No. but you don’t always need that.
In the end create 3 renders called “salsaCronin_1.jpg” through “salsaCronin_3.jpg”.
We get Wednesday and Friday to model, and then we will animate next Monday and Tuesday. Mrs. Wolfe’s class comes in next next Thursday and Friday mornings.