Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
- Cawd Food Drive! So far we have 22 pieces of food. We need 100 by next next Wednesday!
- We are going to run Monday / Tuesday a little different the next couple of days. In fact this entire week in the morning will be different. Good different. Be ready to roll with it.
- Rough week outline with some differences:
- Monday – No Site Maintenance, prep for visitors
- Tuesday – Site Maintenance / Visitors from MMU / Students that didn’t finish the Accuplacer will go down and work with Mrs. Curtis at 1:00 to complete them.
- Wednesday – Preparing for Mrs. Wolfe’s class to visit Thursday / Friday
- Thursday – Mrs. Wolfe’s kids visit
- Friday – Mrs. Wolfe’s kids visit + Game Day Quiz
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 5 Minutes of Site Maintenance
- Game Day Determining Quiz on Friday! Make sure to study study study. Based on a very different and busy schedule this week we will likely not have time to study in class. Study at home.
- Please bring over your 2 Point Floating Shapes sketches now.
9:50 Design Homework 15 | 3 Point Perspective City
Today we are going with Jaza and learn about 3 point perspective. Start at 10 minutes and 30 seconds in the supplied learning resource. The lesson goes until about 15 minutes in.
For DH 15 I want you to mimic exactly what he draws, minus the Gorilla and the Plane (unless you really want to push yourself). Draw a city scene with the buildings below us. You will put your 3 vanishing points roughly in the same locations as in the video.
I am happy seeing your construction lines, you do not have to do inking / shading after the fact. Something like this:
Due in 1 week, name and dated!
10:10 Preparing for Visitors!
- The realities of visitors. You are sitting where many want to be.
- Yes, new people will be coming in. Many of them. I feel like this. It will be OK. Right?
- The better you do with visitors (making them feel welcome, following visitor procedure) the greater chance you get extra credit.
- Not everyone will get visitors. It is ironic that the students that can afford to lose time on projects already have the best grades and don’t need extra credit as much as others. It is what it is. Some of us want the 100 for Q3 anyway, and it is possible. We had a student that once earned a 103 Q3 average. It was the most dominant academic performance I have ever seen.
- Be nice. Be welcoming. They are more nervous than you.
With those basics covered, let’s talk about the process and get you read with a process to go over with your visitors.
I also need your work to show off! (Yes I have it, but I want a level of curation done by you.)
10:35 Intro to Afternoon Advertising Animations
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 English with Mr. Bisson
- Be back at 11am sharp for attendance.
- Give your attention to Mr. Bisson who is our Cawd English teacher.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Week 15 Youtube Commercial
Afternoons this week are going to be focused on the Salsa advertising project. We are going to create two 15 second commercials for use on YouTube (or old fashioned TV, or on the movie theater, etc).
The first component of this project should be finishing last weeks work at a high level. If you have to take 30 minutes today to perfect your model / texture (and get it ready for Wednesday’s grading) then do it.
If you rush into the commercials without quality assets, your overall project will suffer. If Monsters Inc. or University went into animation with this instead of this, it just would not have been the same.
Commercial #1 – Grounded in the Physical World
In this first “spot” you are going to create a 15 second commercial where our salsa doesn’t move and is placed in a white environment with infinite white lighting.
The camera is going to fly in and end with the salsa on the left, and in Premiere you are going to have the name of the Salsa appear on the right hand side.
When the salsa brand appears on the right hand side it needs to appear (not dissolve) and it needs to match to a “thunk” or other logical sound. Like a big, heavy, legitimate salsa.
Include some background audio for your commercial.
Export as “physicalSalsaCronin.mp4” at 720p and place in the shared Week 15 folder on Backup and Sync.
Commercial #2 – Whimsical
In this second “spot” you are going to create a 15 second commercial where the camera doesn’t move in a white environment with infinite white lighting.
The Salsa itself is going to “hop” into the scene in a very cartoonish style. You are going to use your animation principles (specifically squash and stretch) to animate your salsa coming into the screen.
You must use audio in your commercial that you apply in Premiere, but you don’t need to record it yourself. You must include both “jumpy” audio, as well as a background track.
Export as “whimsicalSalsaCronin.mp4” at 720p and place in the shared Week 15 folder on Backup and Sync.
Are you here half-time in the afternoons?
If you are here for every other day (A vs. B days), we will let the power of the randomness decide which of the two you will be working on.
Let us decide.