Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
- Cawd Food Drive! So far we have food pieces of food. Trust. Bring more.
- Game Day Quiz Friday! Study!
- Students may stay and work until 3pm when all work from Week 14 is due. Would anyone like a Homework Club bus? Remember you are required to stay if missing anything.
- Lonely Gifs – we will watch in class.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Preparing for the Pre-tech Visitors!
- Introduction in what we do through a Salsa themed advertising project.
- Each Pre-tech will work one on one with a Cawd student to create an animation using a texture for the label the bring in on Thursday.
- By break on Friday students walk away with a Salsa advertisement (15 second-ish) with their own brand / texture AND sound. The sound they may record themselves.
- The goals are that I don’t do any talking. It has been proven solid education when students teach other students at times, for the older students retention and application, and so the younger student hears info from a different voice. Not always the old foogey teacher. (Did I tell you I almost asked what the “afk” gun was in a Day of Defeat match? Almost.)
- Let’s look at the pre-built Maya assets you have access to. Use these assets.
- Jar– texture the jar as appropriate with the image the students bring in.
- Lid – change color as appropriate.
- Salsa – change color as appropriate.
- Let’s take a look at some audio you have access to. This is just a sample, anything freesound.org is legal to us. Some other options from Mr. Bohmann:
- YouTube Free Audio Library
- Really that and FreeSound is what I would go with, they are pretty straightforward.
- How do we record audio, get it to our station?
Now that we have a baseline of what we can create with, let us talk about the commercial.
These students are going to be noobs, but we are going to do one of two animations based on what they prefer:
- Grounded in the Physical World
- The jar of salsa is a jar of salsa. Animate accordingly. Storyboard first – even a quick 1 sheet. Remember your theme!
- You know our limitations based on time. Be reasonable, and “gently” encourage them back to reality.
- The jar is a cartoon character. Animate accordingly. Storyboard first. Theme.
- You know our limitations based on time
Thursday before break:
- Introduce yourself
- Take 20 minutes and have them fill out visitor info form and show them work from resources page.
- Storyboard animation, find out what they would like to create, get their texture and save it.
- Be ready to start animating / animate.
Thursday after break:
- Animate. While you are doing the animating, remember that it is THEY who are driving the project. They are your Creative Director.
- Setup Batch Render and start.
- Spot check the renders, we need these done today.
- Start thinking about audio. Let the user pick some sounds, start recording their own audio.
- You must be rendering by 12:10, and the render must be ready for Friday.
Friday before break:
- Editing / Post production.
- Record audio / obtain audio.
- Export “studentName.mp4” and email the .mp4 as an attachment to:
- me – firstname.lastname@example.org – remember you are getting a grade based on the overall quality of this animation.
- If any extra time…blow their minds. What are you great at you want to show them?
- Animated photoshop compositions?
- Hand drawn art?
- Take the Salsa model, export it as a .fbx, and then shoot it out of your tennis ball gun in Unreal? Sure, why not.
- Anything Cawd flavored.
- At 10:25 We all have to be done and we are going to export their Salsa Jar and bring into Unreal and Play a bit to end the visit.
Number 1 job is we welcome them, and help them out. This will be a nice collaborative project. Take a deep breath, you will do fine.
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 English with Mr. Bisson
- Be back at 11am sharp for attendance.
- Give your attention to Mr. Bisson who is our Cawd English teacher.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Week 15 Youtube Commercial
Afternoons this week are going to be focused on the Salsa advertising project. We are going to create two 15 second commercials for use on YouTube (or old fashioned TV, or on the movie theater, etc).
Check back to Monday / Tuesday afternoons for specifics.