Class hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- Yet another Tumultuous Tuesday. Schedules changed accordingly.
- Get that late work in! It will impact both Homework Club tomorrow, but more importantly what you do on Friday during Game Day. Chill or work, it is up to you.
- More visitors today. Start with filling out this form. We are going to have the following students work with visitors – remember you get the equivalent of 2 article reads per visitor (Matisse already has 3 this week). This is the easiest way to get your grade up quick.
- Movies Thursday! Get that money for concessions, find a concession buddy you can share with.
- Friday is Game Day! PPPP! We will talk about food Thursday after we get back from the movies.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Last Looks! Get “The Challenge” final drafts ready to go by 10:00!
- File name in last Thurdsay’s Dayplan.
10:00 Final Draft “The Challenge” Presentations
- Present for final, large grade.
- When complete we shift to Illustrator and Pin Completion.
- No feedback, this is the end.
10:45 (Break 15 Minutes)
11:00 Completion of Final Draft “The Challenge” Presentations
11:20 Completion of Pin Designs for SkillsUSA Design Competition
- Only text which is allowed is:
- “SkillsUSA” – written just as it appears.
- Really think about legibility at small size.
- Get your work as far developed as you can before Mr. Moore comes in tomorrow for final tweaks!
11:50 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:20 Attendance and Article
12:25 Silent Site Maintenance / Missing Work Check
- Check to see if you are missing any work / after school for tomorrows Cawd Homework Club.
- Work on anything Cawd related / Design Homework / College Homework
- 12:40 Departures for CTE students.
12:45 Week 15 and Week 16 Monday + Tuesday Unreal Assignment: Driving without Driving
Monday and Tuesday’s of both Week 15 and Week 16 are going to be working in Unreal to use the Vehicle Advanced Driving Mode but doesn’t use a car.
I do not want to see a 4 wheel vehicle for this project, but I really want to open up the tools to you as designers as you are getting more and more comfortable with the concepts and software.
It is all going to come down to execution and creativity. This project is very open ended, and will require a good deal of looking up through the documentation how to do this or that. Some possible ideas that you could consider:
Sailboat / Wind surfing / Motorboat / Water World
Replace the car with a sailboat / windsurfer / boat / sub / etc.
Explore “water” in Unreal.
Use terrain to have “islands” pop up throughout the ocean world.
Likely very flat world, so flipping won’t be integral.
Snowboard / Sky Game / Winter World
Replace the car with snowboarder / skier / sled / etc.
Create terrain object that mimics a mountain. Rotate the terrain?
Make sure you have flip functionality setup so we can land jumps. Flipping would be key.
Other / Designers Choice / What could it be?
You are the Game Designer – you have full control so long as you starting in the Advanced Vehicle Game Mode. What could you build?
You have 4 days of class to build something interesting for presentation next Wednesday / Thursday.
For some of you this may be an audition to get teammates for the Vermont Video Game Design Competition – take it seriously.
Dailies at 1:55!