Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
- Welcome to 2018 and Week 17!
- Let’s talk a look around – the following schools are still closed: BHS, CVU, CHS, MHS, and WHS. Due to this, we are going to use Tuesday / Wednesday morning for Site Maintenance, so everyone can come back to school and get ready for Wednesday’s grading. Kids that are required to be here get a good catchup day, while the others enjoy their “vacation extension“.
- For those that didn’t hear, we are one of two programs that won an Ice Cream Party for your efforts toward the pet food drive. Yeah buddy.
- I am 99% sure how this is going to run but based on schedules, it looks like:
- Wednesday (tomorrow) / Thursday we do a midterm review.
- This Friday we start Midterms, which will last:
- Friday the 5th
- Monday the 8th
- Tuesday the 9th
- Wednesday the 10th
- Thursday the 11th and be done at Midnight.
- Friday the 12th we will present out Midterm work to the class for your grade.
- English with Mr. Bisson, as well as 7/8 classes will run as they normally do during this time. Depending on the amount of time you are in Cawd, your midterm will be slightly different.
- Our midterms run slightly earlier than sending schools, so we can minimize conflicting schedules. It isn’t perfect, but it is better than running them concurrently.
- I have decided to remove the formal written component of the Midterm. Why? A big written final exam given to all Technical Centers that offer an art credit has been removed in lieu of a Vermont Portfolio we are going to get to do instead which is moving from a pilot, to fully implemented system Spring of 2018. So the “big test” aspect of Cawd can be minimized…a bit. Your midterm will be project-based, testing the main areas of the first semester.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Site Maintenance
- Let’s all check the Week 16 “What is due”. That will be our focus for today and tomorrow morning.
- The Pin Design is key. Mr. Moore and I are staying late and printing on Wednesday after Homework Club. Your pins have to be perfect by EOD Wednesday.
- No Design Homework / No Quiz.
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 Site Maintenance
- Be back at 11am sharp for attendance.
- Give your attention to Mr. Bisson who is our Cawd English teacher.
11:30 Pictionary against Cawd2
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Site Maintenance
Make sure your board games follow the render specifics outlined in the assignment. There is also the chance for extra credit if you choose to work for it.