Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
- Welcome back stragglers.
- Today students may stay and work until 3pm when all work from Week 16 (The Week before vacation) is due. Would anyone like a Homework Club bus?
- I am 99% sure how this is going to run but based on schedules, it looks like:
- Wednesday (tomorrow) / Thursday we do a midterm review.
- This Friday we start Midterms, which will last:
- Friday the 5th
- Monday the 8th
- Tuesday the 9th
- Wednesday the 10th
- Thursday the 11th and be done at Midnight.
- Friday the 12th we will present out Midterm work to the class for your grade.
- English with Mr. Bisson, as well as 7/8 classes will run as they normally do during this time. Depending on the amount of time you are in Cawd, your midterm will be slightly different.
- Our midterms run slightly earlier than sending schools, so we can minimize conflicting schedules. It isn’t perfect, but it is better than running them concurrently.
- I have decided to remove the formal written component of the Midterm. Why? A big written final exam given to all Technical Centers that offer an art credit has been removed in lieu of a Vermont Portfolio we are going to get to do instead which is moving from a pilot, to fully implemented system Spring of 2018. So the “big test” aspect of Cawd can be minimized…a bit. Your midterm will be project-based, testing the main areas of the first semester.
- I am collecting DH 16 / Grading / Meeting with you today.
- Midterm Reviews will run today and Thursday. These projects are graded on the fly:
- Wednesday afternoon – Maya Modeling / Rendering / Texturing
- AM – Maya FK Character Animation (w/Andy)
- Mid Morning – Unreal Workflow (Assets -> Unreal)
- Afternoon – Animate Review (Interface / Animation Workflow)
- Doors locked tomorrow morning until 9:30 ish due to a meeting.
9:40 Attendance and Video
9:45 Site Maintenance
- Let’s all check the Week 16 “What is due”. That will be our focus for today and tomorrow morning.
- The Pin Design is key. Mr. Moore and I are staying late and printing on Wednesday after Homework Club. Your pins have to be perfect by EOD today.
- No Design Homework / No Quiz.
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 English with Mr. Bisson
- Be back at 11am sharp for attendance.
- Give your attention to Mr. Bisson who is our Cawd English teacher.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Maya Midterm Review: Maya Modeling / Rendering / Texturing
Reviews in Cawd are often student-powered. The glass gives us some topics, and we build a scene.
Credit for today’s review project is through Dailies today. I don’t build projects due during mid-terms, so Midterm Review work is graded on the fly today and tomorrow.