Class hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- Everyone enjoy your weekend – don’t forget to bring in DH2 | Castle Farm on Monday morning. Remember that this Design Homework sketch is going to by a hybrid of a castle and a farm – how can you connect the themes together?
- We will start our normal routine of Quiz / Sketch next Friday.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Blender Content
- Setting up render sizes
- Saving renders
- Using Photoshop to label renders
9:55 Morning Blender Production Time: Bedroom
This morning is going to be a production morning for your Bedroom project. Around Bedroom production we will also have have our Class Id photos taken in Student Services.
10:00 ID Photos taken in Student Services
- We are all going to walk to Student Services to work with Mrs. Curtis. She is very nice and can be very helpful to us over the year, she has power and knowledge on many things such as college courses, etc. Please show respect to her, the space, and everyone else working.
- When you complete come right back to Cawd and work on your Bedroom!
10:45 (Break 15 Minutes)
11:00 Morning Blender / Photoshop Exercise: Material Demonstration
Mid morning in Cawd we are going to work on a project which really practices the different types of materials we can make in Blender. We need to practice these materials so we can use them in other projects.
This will use Blender for the art, and Photoshop for the labeling.
Create a basic plane, and place 5 spheres and one box on the plane. Setup the following:
- Sphere 1 – Diffuse Material
- Sphere 2 – Glossy Material
- Sphere 3 – Glass Material
- Sphere 4 – Mix of Diffuse and Glossy Material – something you will use often, and will use the Mix Shader
- Sphere 5 – Emissive Material
- Box – Image material of Monopoly board
Once you have this setup, align your camera and take a nice render of everything at 1920 x 1080. We must be able to see the different materials clearly.
Save the render.
Bring into Photoshop and use our text tools to label each sphere. Use the words:
Same font, same size, same color for consistency and professionalism.
Save this final file as “materialPrimer.psd” and “materialPrimer.jpg” and upload to your “week_02” folder.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Afternoon Design Content
- Angle / Composition adjustments that can make/break projects.
- Rule of thirds / overlay in Blender.