Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
- Quiz tomorrow!
- CTE’s Family Face to Face is 1 week from tonight, next Thursday at 6pm. Extra credit if you come with family / guardian – as you are taking time out of your own day and I appreciate it.
- Vocab update – I put in the times we take attendance.
- First round of grading has been completed. Some students are missing work (which is frustrating as I saw it on your screen). We will go over grades, and the process to turn in late work Monday during our Site Maintenance session.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Adobe Animate Content:
- What is Animate? What was Flash?
- Flash died / Animate rises from the ashes. Flash had valid criticism, but we are using Animate for its strength: 2D Animation.
- The standard for 2D Animation – is Animate. (And Flash, installed all over the world, and still very functional.)
- Basics of the interface / Saving files.
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 Animate Animation Exercise: Bio Animation
This morning we will practice some of our newly learned Animate coursework.
This is the first year I am moving this project from static to animated! I try to rotate out at least 20% new projects each year, and this metamorphosis of a project should prove to be a nice evolution.
The key is fairly logical – the larger / the darker of the text, the more important the content is to you as an individual. So if you look at my static example above you could decode what is important to me without ever meeting me:
- Family (…Family)
- Cawd (Career) / Underhill (Where I live)
- South Burlington (Where I grew up) / FDU (Undergraduate education)
- Champlain (Graduate school)
I want you to come up with at least 10 words that represent you. We are going to animate these words onto the screen one after the other to build the final product.
Create a 720p document (1280 x 720) as an “Actionscript” file so we can preview right in the browser.
Save your file as “bioAnimation.fla” into your “week_2” folder.
Publish your work, and save the final animation as “bioAnimation.swf” and upload to the web server for grading / presentation.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Video
12:45 Tuesday / Thursday Maya Exercise: Castle
Today we finish your Castle.
At 1:25 today we will go over some concepts of render angles, and the idea of showing off your work in the best possible light.
Specifics for file names are in the Tuesday Dayplan.
Dailies at 2:00!
1:25 Maya Content
- Render Angles
- Shinning up your apple / selling your work
- Our first server powered dailies! No more must we pleebs use our LEGS. Sitting is the future! /s