Class hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- Welcome to Wednesday! On Wednesday and Thursday’s students can stay until 3pm and work in the room. Monday / Friday’s we close up around 2:35, and Tuesday we close up right at 2:05 as we have our Tuesday staff meeting.
- Afternoon projects in Cawd2 typically last 2 days (2 A days, 2 B Days). We started the Castle Project yesterday afternoon and this is what Ben had for his Dailies presentation at the end of day 1, about 50% through the time allotted for the project.
- Daniel remember you have PE today for period “9”. You will likely be gone for the day, so make sure you bring your gear.
- I am going to grade today, let’s take one last quick look at Daniel’s work vs. the Week 1 “What is due”. Are you all set for grading? If take a couple minutes today from our Bedroom production at 10:15 to get where you need to be -by break!
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Morning Blender Content
- Rendering and saving static images.
- Reference images
- Creating edge loops for walls
- Extruding Faces for walls
10:15 Morning Blender Exercise: Bedroom
Today we are going to start our first multi-week project based around the topic of your bedroom. We have already done some pre-production for this project through Design Homework 1.
This morning by break the goal is we rough out the wall structures and get them roughly setup with a floor. Ceiling I am going to recommend using a separate object for like a shoe box so we can pull it on and off.
Maybe at the end let’s put an emissive material on a simple sphere that exists in the center of your room.
Today we aren’t going to take renders, but we are going to save the file as “bedroom.blend” inside your “week_02” folder on your Desktop. We will revisit this file many times over the next couple weeks. Each day it will become more developed and complete.
10:45 (Break 15 Minutes)
11:00 English with Mr. Bisson
- Be back at 11 sharp.
- Mr. Bisson is our English teacher that comes into our classroom.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Wednesday / Friday Afternoon Blender Exercise
Today and Friday afternoon you are going to use the basic skills we have learned in Blender so far to create a Farm scene.
The goal of this project is to do much of the lower end basic learning of the interface, modeling tools, materials, and lighting so that we can transfer these skills into our larger bedroom project.
For now we are just going to focus on creating your Farm scene itself. This is going to be a lot of learning through questions, but remember we have access to:
- The Primitive objects we have through “shift-A”.
- The Node editor and materials we can create.
You will get 2 afternoons to create your project. At the end of the project you are going to create 3 renders called “lastnameFarm_1.jpg” through “lastnameFarm_3.jpg”. This will create 3 final renders of your work to present at the end. For example the image above was a student render, and below were the following 2 that were submitted for grading:
Save your Blender file (farm.blend) inside your “week_02” folder. Save often.
We will worry about taking final renders Friday when your scene is complete.
You can use a reference image if you would like.
Dailies will be at 1:55 today. Have fun, start asking questions, start modeling and becoming more comfortable with the program.