Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
- Pick up sketchbooks please!
- Don’t forget Friday’s Quiz! In addition to the vocab itself, there will be an extra credit question that comes from the articles we read.
- We need to create one of these this year – real high qual work.
- Futurama + Looping + Reddit = I have to put here. I have no choice.
- Another example. I need to stop looking at this sub this morning.
- I have been told there is a problem with our AC. By the time we read this note this morning, it is hopefully fixed.
- We fixed a number of FTP issues yesterday, and hopefully will do better today with our FTP abilities. This is always a messy part of the year, and that is ok! We will get through it.
- Today is the first Cawd Homework Club! Students missing work (only the Design Homework) are required to stay after, and anyone else is welcome to stay. I leave at 2:50, but Mr. Moore is going to lock up Cawd at 3:00. Would anyone like to be put on the after school list?
9:40 Attendance and Article (Longer article split in two)
9:45 Web Server Logins
Let’s all try again using out FTP username and password.
9:50 Maya Content
- Layout out walls / Ceilings / Floors
- Using Bridge / Segments to create holes. Stay away from Boolean as much as you can!
Let’s see if we can create your floor / walls / ceilings / windows / doors today by break.
While we start working, I want you to save your file as “bedroom.mb” inside your “week_2” folder on your iMac. We will continue to revisit it over the next couple of weeks.
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 English with Mr. Bisson
- Be back at 11am sharp for attendance.
- Give your attention to Mr. Bisson who is our Cawd English teacher.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article (Second half of morning article)
12:45 Wednesday / Friday Maya Exercise: Farm
Wednesday and Friday afternoons are going to be building Farm based scene. This project will continue to let us continue learning the basics of Maya, while developing your creativity in world building.
Save your Maya file as “farmCronin.mb” into your “week_2” folder in Documents on your iMac for storage.
When you are complete Friday you will create 3 renders at 720p called:
These three renders should first be saved in your “week_2” folder in your Documents folder as well.
These three renders will go into your “week_2” folder on the Cawd web server for grading. I do not want the Maya file on the web server – it takes up space, and I can’t open a .mb file in the browser anyway.
At 1:25 today we are going to go over Image Based Lighting for your Farm project.
1:25 Maya Content
- IBL – Image based lighting