Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
- Congrats to Jimmy for taking top 3 in the CTE Pin Design Competition along with Sarah from Cawd2. Both Jimmy and Sarah will be moving onto the State Pin Design Competition in April. Jimmy you have to go collect your frame / notebook / pin today immediately after we intro in the Capstone specifics.
- Study for Friday’s quiz!
- Homework Club tomorrow for students missing work. Give me missing work.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Week 20 Capstone Production
Web Design Team
Nolan – you are going to work with Goodman.
Game Design Teams
Last Friday we learned what your group thinks your Minimum Viable Product & Core Game Mechanic is.
In my mind we are all (should) be somewhere between step 3 and 4 of the software development cycle. (There are numerous versions of the software development cycle, but they roughly all follow the same process.)
We are now going to do a two week sprint on Step 4 to get us to Step 5. You have two weeks to build the MVP using the Core Game Mechanic (Step 4 – Implementation). At the end of this two week window you must be ready to enter Step 5 which will be user game-play testing.
You have 2 Weeks (Week 20 and Week 21) to get your game to MVP state.
Using screen capture software I want you to create a gameplay trailer which focuses on the MVP and Core Game Mechanic. I don’t want intros, icons, UI, etc. I care about the MVP and Core Game Mechanics. Make the demo long enough so you can fully explain where we are in the process.
For your Week 21 Capstone progress you are going to create an .mp4 called “mvp.mp4” to present.
If you must use your Google 20% projects to supplement our Capstone time, this is acceptable, as the deadlines don’t shift.
For your progress grade this week I need a game-play trailer which at the very least shows progress. This Friday I want you to tell us how far you have come, and what you need to finish the next week. The model:
- Week 20 (this week) – trailer which demonstrates progress toward the MVP and Core Mechanic. Rough is acceptable, but we need to see progress.
- Week 21 – trailer which demonstrates the complete MVP, and is ready for user testing.
Thompson / Jordan
Let’s work individually.
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 Morning Web Design Content
- Intro refresher with Codepen
- Working with images / hot linking -> hosting
11:30 Morning Web Design Pass Fail
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Week 20 Typography Focus
Specifics in the Monday dayplan.
Please remember if your specific implementation needs a mini-lesson here or there please ask!