Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
- Design Homework 20 | Bowl of Fruit – turn in now please!
- CTE Open House is this Saturday from 11-2. Cawd is looking for another year of quality students. Please tell your friends, family, or other “good people” to come check us out. Donovan and Goodman will be here helping run the show. Students are already seeing increased grades (even with some missing work) when they host + work with visitors. Visitors done well = points for you.
- Part of Site Maintenance today, part of it tomorrow due to our Water Main adjusted schedule. Remember that while we are using today during 7/8 for our final Week 20 Typography project, the work is still due this Wednesday at 3pm.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Capstone Presentations
- You will present what your team has created so far for this project for a group grade. I would recommend being complete modeling this week and moving on to animation.
- You have used 50% of your time for this task.
Game Design Teams
- MP4 of progress toward MVP. You have used 50% of your time for this task.
- Jordan – 3 Logos / Designs for Nate and Tristen’s Video Game
- Thompson – TNG Engine Room progress
10:15? Design Homework 21: Wine Bottle
Last week we created baselines for your abilities on the 3rd quarter focus of “Still Life”. There are many ways to draw a Still Life, but we are going to have a focus on getting YOU to be able to design ONE very well. This will create content for your Portfolio and get you into college. The indirect benefit is whenever you are at a job, doodling, or even on a date with a cocktail napkin, you can sketch something quick which makes people say “Neat, you are creative, you can draw!”.
Still Life’s often include:
- mostly featureless world for shadows to fall (think of Final Gather with Maya)
- Bowl / Container.
- Fruit / Flowers / Things in the Bowl / Container
- Bent / curved glass elements that test your mettle in drawing refractions, reflections, etc. These may include:
- Wine bottle
This week we are going to start to work on Wine bottle / Glasses. DH 21 will be following this quick and easy tutorial. Our Friday morning drawing content will be the application of this content.
Your life will be easier Friday post-quiz if you do your Design Homework beforehand.
In short, for DH 21 give me a wine bottle and glass on a table.
10:20? Site Maintenance?
- So many question marks.
- First, want to meet with Donovan about Saturday – then the rest of you.
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 English with Mr. Bisson
- Be back at 11am sharp for attendance.
- Give your attention to Mr. Bisson who is our Cawd English teacher.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Week 20 Typography Focus (Supplemental Day)
Specifics in the Monday dayplan (from Week 20)
All work due Wednesday at 3pm with other Week 20 work.