Class hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- Last day of January!
- Today we are going to have 6 visitors from other CTE Programs from 12:45 – 2. Everyone be nice and welcoming, we have home field advantage, give these people credit for trying something new. Tomorrow we are schedule to have 7.
- We are going to skip the afternoon articles for today and Friday as we will have visitors, students that signed up for them I am sorry.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Thursday / Friday Afternoon Overview
Today and tomorrow from 12:45 – 2 we are going to have visitors from other CTE programs … visit Cawd.
Instead of a standard 25 minute visit of “Hey this is what we do, BYE” we are going to try to integrate them into some design work.
The rough schedule is as follows:
- 12:45 – Students arrive, I show them a quick overview video Maliki from Cawd2 made, and give them an overview of the program, maybe dip into Cawd2, etc.
- 12:55 – Students are matched up with visitors. Give them a quick 15 minute tour of your work, what YOU are good at doing, what you are currently working on, etc. Start by having the students fill out the visitor info form. If you have time show them how to use Emissive Materials so they understand them.
- 1:10 – EHS kids leave, and we give the Prompt. You will model / texture / light / setup camera’s together.
- 1:50 – Final Render
- 1:55 – Presentations through Dailies
- 2:00 Judging / Awards / Gifts / Get out (or stay and play Smash)
The Prompt Design Challenge
From 1:10 to 1:50 you are your partner are going to get a Prompt. The Prompt will be heavily themed in Blender / Emissive Materials / The Compositer / Depth of Field Controls.
Your visitor is going to be your Creative Director. What does HE or SHE want to create to fit the prompt?
You are the 3D Graphic Guru. You help manage the CD, and get his or her ideas down on paper first through concept art, and THEN you move to digital production.
Over the afternoon you are going to communicate with your partner (one machine, sitting next to each other) in a constant stream of communication to get the final design that HE or SHE has in mind.
At 1:50 Start taking the final single render @1080p so that at 1:55 we can begin the Presentations.
At 1:55 we will present our work. The best project (from both a creative standpoint coming from the VISITOR, and a technical standpoint coming from YOU) will win an art kit as a prize.
This morning we are going to go over a quick review of Blender’s Emissive Materials / The Compositer / Depth of Field Controls. You don’t yet know if you are going to have a visitor. Everyone must be comfortable with this workflow.
- Emissive Materials
- The Compositer
- Depth of Field Controls
10:20 Morning Web Design Content
- Turn on the Mamp Servers
- Update our Websites locally for Week 21 coursework
- Split into Quarters / Midterm organization
- When complete upload to the live web server
- Test for validity through the W3C
10:45 (Break 15 Minutes)
11:00 Morning Web Design Content
- HTML and how it connects to CSS
- HTML for structure of a document
- CSS for the presentation
- Linking HTML to external CSS resource as the best practice way to style websites.
- Showing you the two NON-BEST PRACTICE WAYS to style websites as you will encounter these methods in the wild, and they can be sometimes save the day. Don’t use these after today.
- Google Fonts / Web Fonts
- Basics of Responsive Web Design…maybe, based on time.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:45 Thursday / Friday Google 20%
If you are NOT working with a visitor, you are going to have a two afternoon Google 20% project to work on. I am going to come around and get your topics say 1:20 today once the groups get working.
Save your files into your “week_21” folder as normal.
Thursday Design Competition
Visitors (Cawd Student Ambassador in Bold)
- Chorpet Wetchanukroh (_____)
- Prajwal Pradhan (_____)
- Cheiftain Calacci (_____)
- Essa Abdulsalam (_____)
- Wendo Mbilizi (_____)
- Shamir Gurung (_____)