Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
- CTE Open House is this Saturday from 11-2. Cawd is looking for another year of quality students. Please tell your friends, family, or other “good people” to come check us out. Donovan and Goodman will be here helping run the show.
- Tomorrow and Thursday afternoons this week we are going to dip our toe into the idea of Kinetic Typography – typography which moves and has music/sound as an accompanying/root element. If you are here for the afternoons, start to think about a 15 second (every other afternoon) or 30 second (every afternoon) portion of a song to use. Mr. Moore is going to intro this content Wednesday / Thursday afternoon, and then you get to do your own. You can start from the chrous, or middle of a song – maybe be better that way to connect with viewers.
- Students missing work are after school tomorrow for Homework, please plan for this.
- College has been canceled on Friday! Maya + Donovan you ARE going to have a Quiz!
- Hosts / Visitors second session (10:35 – 11:05):
- Donovan – Noel
- Jimmy – Taylor
- Colton – Bleonard
- Today we are going to have a wild, wacky schedule for the following reasons:
- We need the second half -ish of Site Maintenance.
- We have Capstone to present.
- We have visitors.
- Early break due to visitors.
- We may have extra visitors at 11:30, Ms. Charron is driving the boat on that one, so I don’t know. If you aren’t the above 3…you still may get visitors. BE READY.
- We have on top of this NORMAL STUFF.
- So yeah.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Week 21 Capstone Production Presentations
- Judah + Colton presenting their Game
- Maya + Victor presenting their Animation
- Thompson presenting his Warp Core
9:55 Week 21 Capstone Production
Web Design Team
Nolan – you are going to work with Goodman.
Animation and rough cuts of your project should be completed this week. Not perfect, but getting there.
Game Design Teams
All teams get “mvp.mp4” completed. This screen capture will show your core game mechanic and minimum viable product. You must be ready for alpha user testing on Tuesday!
Thompson / Jordan
Let’s work individually to determine your Week 21 focus.
10:10Break (15 Minutes)
10:25 Week 21 Capstone Production
11:10 Supplemental Site Maintenance
- Check the “What is due”
- Study for the quiz
- Does anyone want extra credit for making the Quizlet? First one to get it to me does. Go.
11:30 Morning Web Design Review and Target Demo
Based on time I am going to SHOW you what you are going to do, and then I can bounce around and answer question as they come up.
11:35 Morning Web Design Exercise: Getting to know you website
Well, we are 6 months into the school year, probably best to do our “Getting to know you” presentations through a website. I didn’t want to rush into anything. This is a nice little icebreaker for a class full of new people. I DON’T WANT TO HEAR IT.
You are going to create a new folder in your Week 21 folder called “know“.
Inside this folder you must create an html document which uses:
- horizontal rules
- lists (Of some type)
- images (At least 5, saved in a nested images folder, and all the same size for design consistency. No hotlinking!)
- AND is connected to a stylesheet with some visual changes
When complete you are going to upload your “know” folder to your “week_21” folder on the web server. This will make your work publicly viewable, and accessible to grade.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Tuesday Afternoon Game Design Content: New Game
Something a little different.
Gameplay systems, narratives, levels, quests, puzzles, worlds: these are the areas of expertise for game designers. Equal parts a creative and analytical person and a builder, a student in the Game Design major has a passion for mapping out, developing and creating the gameplay that defines a player’s unique game experience.
This is straight from the “Game Design” major at Chaplain’s College’s website. We have students there currently, and this major is much different than “Game Art and Animation“, and different than “Game Programming“. This afternoon we are going to run a project to see how you do with the Game Design side of the equation. This is:
- NOT making it pretty / designing assets (That is Game Art and Animation)
- NOT making it / programming it (That is Game Programming)
- Coming up with a new game.
25 Minutes to Design and Test in your group. (12:45 – 1:10)
20 Minutes to Test with co-group. This is your Alpha Testing. Each group takes 10 minutes to present. (1:10 – 1:30)
20 Minutes to “Elevator Pitch” / Sell Idea to the entire class and have everyone play. (1:30 to EOD) . You get 30 seconds to sell your idea and teach us to play.
Your grade comes from this presentation of your Game idea to the class, and how well it is “enjoyed”. There is a special voting system where we get “gut reactions” from the players (the class).
No dailies today as we are working 100% off the computer.
I tried my best to keep Skills / Capstone groups. We need groups to become super efficient and learn to rely on each other, working well in the competitions. This is my logic.
- Isaac / Laterreur
- Senghe / Leavitt
- Donovan / Maliki
- Harper / Jordan
- Katie / Jimmy
- Eli / Colton
- Soulia / Cameron
- Victor / Nolan