Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
Quizzes on Friday morning. 15% of your grade are the quizzes, typically 9 new, 1 review, and 1 extra credit question from our articles.
This years Sat / Act prep work comes from “100 Most Common SAT Words” by Quizlet. As we are using their list to pull from you are able to use their free study tools. Make a free account so you add the new words to your Study Bank. As the weeks go by and you are studying from this ever growing word bank, you will find that your vocabulary (speaking and retention) has improved.
The weekly latin root comes from “42 Most Common Latin Roots”.
Sat / Act prep
- Congregation – crowd of people. “The congregation of students gathered around the teams game design to get a chance to play.”
- Convergence – joining of parts. “The convergence of art and technology is key to the Cawd program.”
- Deleterious – harmful. “The deleterious effects of smoking and drinking often outweigh the perceived benefits.”
Latin Root of the week
- Dict – say, speak, speech. “The diction of the presidents speech was flawless; no mispronunciations, no “um’s”.
The Software Development Cycle can have many different specific details and mini-phases, but almost all of them have a foundation of:
- Final Delivery / Maintenance
- User Interface Design is the design of user interfaces for machines and software, such as computers, home appliances, mobile devices, and other electronic devices, with the focus on maximizing usability and the user experience.
- HTML stands for Hyper Text Markup Language, and is one of the foundational languages of the Web. HTML describes a pages structure such as “paragraphs” and “headings”, but NOT what the paragraphs and headings look like. (The Design comes from CSS – more on that in the future).
- HTML is tag based with two types of tags:
- Opening and closing tags such as <p>Text goes here</p> that surround content.
- Self closing tags such as <img src=”image” alt=”description”> that declare the content in a single tag.
- Week 20 Tag List:
- Title – <title>Title goes here</title>
- Paragraph – <p>Paragraph goes here</p>
- Headings – <h1>Heading goes here</h1> through <h6>Heading goes here</h6>
- Horizontal rule – <hr>
- Unordered lists – <ul>Li’s go in here</ul>
- List Items – <li>Each bulleted text shows up here</li>
- Image tag – <img src=”source of image” alt=”alternate description”> (Notice a self closing tag with no second part.)
- Link tag – <a href=”what are we linking to” title=”alternate description”>What we click on.</a>
- Web Servers hold and host files which make up websites. When you click on an online link, the request goes to a Web Server, which “serves” you the data / file / movie you are requesting.
- MAMP in Web Design stands for Mac / Apache / MySQL / PHP. It is a suite of software which is installed on web designers machines to allow them to test their work on web server software without having to continually use FTP software to upload to the live production web server.
- M stands for Mac means to use on Apple Computers (They also make WAMP for Windows machines – same thing).
- A stands for Apache, and is the industry standard for Web Server Software.
- The second M stands for MySQL, and is the industry standard online database software.
- P stands for PHP, a general-purpose scripting language that is especially suited to web development.
- It is best practice in Web Design to test locally and only upload when you think the project is complete.