Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
- Welcome to Week 22!
- Open House went really well, heard lots of positive feedback. Thanks to Donovan and Goodman for running the show with me. Keep working on Good People for next year.
- Due to the craziness of a snow day, and open house, I have yet to grade from last week. I hope to grade today during English.
- You guys did NOT dominate the last quiz. One student 100 or greater. Due to this reality I have created a supplemental, mini Vocab for Week 22. Your Game Day determining quiz this Friday will come from Week 21 and the Supplemental Week 22 Vocabs. Extra credit will come from this week. If you study the same as last Friday, you don’t have to worry about a Game Day. Or, do better, as Game Day’s are magical.
- This week as MORE wild crazy stuff:
- Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons we are going to have visitors from other programs at CTE that are thinking of applying to Cawd for next year. We are going to have some hosts working with these students, and we are going to talk about what we are going to do with them today from 12:45 – 1:30.
- At 1:30 we have a presentation from the Vermont Governors Institute. They have some great opportunities in June for students looking to continue their development and growth. Just don’t sign up for anything until After April 5th, as this event takes place at the same time as the National Animation, Web Design, Game Design, Pin, AND T-shirt competitions (more on that shortly). Once April 5th happens, you know if you are the state champion and eligible to take on the nation. The “others” could then sign up for Governours Institutes.
- SB is visiting tomorrow, along with Alpha Testing.
- Valentine’s day is Wednesday.
- CVU is visiting Thursday.
- Game Day Quiz is Friday.
- This afternoon will be reserved for a couple of different tasks:
- Finishing up Kinetic Typography we started last week.
- The 4 student hosts that are working with visitors tomorrow and Wednesday afternoon are going to brainstorm with me what you would like to show off. I think all 4 should follow a similar “workshop” style where we try out some different Cawd projects.
- First College Web Dev Assignment comes out on Wednesday.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Design Homework 22: 3 Cups
We are continuing to work on our Still Life 3rd quarter focus. We are breaking down a complete still life into specific parts to work on, including Flowers, glass, bottles, bowls, fruits, and this week – cups.
Follow this tutorial and draw me 3 of the same cups. I want a row of 3 cups.
Due 1 Week from today.
9:55 Site Maintenance
- Check the Week 21 “What is due”
- Check the Week 22 Supplemental vocab, as well as the Week 21 Vocab – both will determine if we have a Game Day or not.
- Game Design Teams we are having Alpha Testing tomorrow. Be ready. You will have players playing your game, the Core Game Mechanic Must be established so we can see if your game is “fun”.
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 English with Mr. Bisson
- Be back at 11am sharp for attendance.
- Give your attention to Mr. Bisson who is our Cawd English teacher.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Monday Afternoon Work Time:
First and foremost, use the afternoon to complete your Kinetic Typography from last Thursday / Friday. This will be for the majority of you.
4 of you will be hosting visitors tomorrow! Let’s get in a group and talk about what we should do? I want your input as well.
- Maliki wants to work with Kayley Hays.
- Colton wants to work with Eric MacLaughlin.
- Leavitt wants to work with Kayden Clark
- We also have a Madison Blaine and a Bia Mele – let’s make smart matchups?
The number 1 goal is we welcome the visitors for the afternoon session and make them feel comfortable, but get them doing some Cawd work. Think of this as a little more hands on than a “normal” visit as we have more time.
1:30 Vermont Governors Institute Presentation
As good questions.
Any extra time for Site Maintenance.