Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
- Homemade cheese pizza.
- What even is this trying to say? Bad Design.
- So they are either confused, OR they think that we are competing in the PF Chang Olympics. I personally would dominate the PF Chang Olympics. Cawd has already dominated the PF Change Olympics once. We won. It was delicious.
- Early break due to visitors from Southern Burlington.
- 10:35 – 11:05 | Brennan working with Harper
- Let’s talk about what is happening during 7/8 today.
- Champlain Games Festival!
- Big ups to Alex Goodman for getting some of his design work green-lit. He is part of a Cawd2 team doing work for UpRight Builders. His design process. His work in action. Alex Cardosi is now implementing the Web side of the project here.
- Let’s clarify what the expectations are for this Friday’s Game Day Quiz:
- 2/3rds of the material from Week 21 – which we didn’t dominate as a class (if you dominated, do it again). Let’s say 7 Questions.
- 1/3rd of the material from the shorter, Supplemental Week 22. Let’s say 3 Questions.
- 2 of the 10 total questions will be SAT / ACT Prep from both weeks – so make sure to drill on those.
- Extra Credit comes from this week.
- Do your best, I for one am excited for Quesadillas if Eric is willing!
- I will also destroy any of you in 1 v 1 in Smash. I will even use Luigi instead of Pikachu for a challenge.
- A reminder of late work procedure:
- Upload as if on time.
- Email Mr. Cronin with a subject of “LATE WORK”. Include in the email:
- Specific file and location
- Ensure you are using correct grammar, and punctuation.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Week 22 Capstone Production Time
Web Design Team
Nolan – you are going to work with Goodman. We need you two to start collaborating more on these preparatory projects.
Week 4 of 4 in your “Bad Piggies” Animation. Final animation (for grade) to be presented this Friday morning at 9:45!
Game Design Teams
Today – Last looks for MVP Testing.
Thursday – Self Reflective Presentation based on MVP Testing Feedback.
Thompson / Jordan
Let’s work individually to determine your Week 21 focus.
10:10 Break (15 Minutes)
10:25 Week 22 Capstone Production Time
11:05 Game Design Team MVP Testing
We aren’t really evaluating your game on art, or finer points and polish. What we ARE evaluating your game on is the Core Mechanic and the “Is this fun / Should development move forward in its current form“.
We are looking for honest constructive criticism. Nobody will see your name with the comments, but I will. Be honest, be constructive, be a good member of our collective. Everyone wants to do well.
Any remaining time will be spent on Week 22 Capstone Production Time.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:45 Tuesday Afternoon Activities: Working with Visitors vs. Supplemental 20% Project
Supplemental 20% Project
If you are not Maliki, Leavitt, Colton, Victor, or Katie you are using today for a supplemental 20% Project. I will come around for topics today about 12:50.
Maliki, Leavitt, Colton, Victor, and Katie: Working with Visitors!
Maliki, Leavitt, Colton, Victor, and Katie we are going to work with our visitors this afternoon from 12:45 – end of the day.
- Maliki – Kayley Hays
- Leavitt – Kayden Clark
- Colton – Eric MacLaughlin
- Victor – Bia Mele
- Katie – Madison Blaine
The number 1 goal is that we welcome the visitors and act as good ambassadors, and make them feel comfortable. We all know how it feels to be somewhere new.
Our afternoon schedule:
- 12:45 – 1:05 – Visitor Info Form and show off the samples of work on the page. Normal stuff. Colton tell them you scored a goal. Katie tell them you like coffee. Act as if you were normal.
- 1:05-1:20 Get them into Maya and build a widget from a cube, Use extrude as the main modeling tool on the cube. Basic, but show them how to build it, and let them build. You will help them drive the mouse. Whatever they create is 100% perfect – make sure they know it isn’t graded and they aren’t being judged.
- 1:20 export the .fbx file and email is to Mr. Moore (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 1:25 – 1:45 Show them the best work, show them YOUR best work, show them a process, or project. What do YOU want to show off how to do?
- Vector Art?
- Kinetic Typography?
- Up to you.
- 1:45 we bring them into Cawd2 with Mr. Moore. Stay with your visitor and help facilitate. Again, make them feel comfortable.
- 2:00 your visitor is dismissed from Cawd2. You may evolve.