Class hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- Big Quiz today!
- Remember DH | 22 on Monday
- By lunch, we will know if we are going to use the PPPP to raise money for Game Day food, or just focus on schoolwork.
- Shark Bus chasing Filet-o-fish car – just normal stuff.
- Homework Club time changed to 9:50 – 10:10 as I think some in the class want to run a Kahoot at 10:30 right before break. You crazy kids run it if you want to! MSL as you made the Kahoot maybe add in extra credit options from the articles before 10:30?
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Week 23 Skills Production
Game Design Teams
We are entering Phase 4 – Implementation. It is now time that you start fully working as a team to combine your art and code together.
Rough Schedule of our calendar and phases of the Software Development Cycle
Week 20 / Phase 3 Week 21 (This week) / Phase 3 Week 22 /Phase 4
- Week 23 /Phase 4 (This week)
- Week 24 /Phase 4 (Get a minimum viable product built by the end of Week 24 / Before February Vacation. I want to be able to play your game before February vacation – even if very buggy, broken, etc. Think of this as a sample to get people interested in your project. What do you need to do as a team to build to create this minimum viable product of the game? Maybe you don’t need all the art assets, but you do probably need all the elements for your mechanic to be playable. Something playable, with a mechanic I can test out.)
- Week 25 / Phase 5 (Start Alpha Testing, lots of revision. Think of this as the first draft.)
- Week 26 / Phase 5
- Week 27 / Phase 5
- Week 28 / Phase 5 (Start Beta Testing, less revision, more fine detail adjustments. “I think this is the final draft.”)
- Week 29 / Phase 5
- Week 30 – Vermont State Competition (The FINAL Draft)
You are being graded individually. You are going to create a folder called “skills” inside of “week_23” which in which you put work product from this weeks (2) hour long work sessions at the start of Thursday and Friday. Your teammates may need to share some work back and forth to make sure that you each have work product to present for your grade.
Animation Topic #1: Titanic
Week 20 / Asset Creation Week 21 / Asset Creation Completed – everything is modeled / textured and ready to start animating. Week 22 (This week) / Animation (with a focus on the Principles of Staging, Anticipation, and Follow Through and Overlapping Action. We are going to have to see these in your animation, camera placement, and editing, just as if you worked for Pixar.)
- Week 23 / Animation (This week)
- Week 24 / Editing and creation of final draft animation
You have 4 hours left to animate / render / REVISE / edit / Post Production / Sound / Turn project in. This project will be turned in before vacation, which is only 7 school days away!
All animation team production goes into the “week_23” folder on the shared drive as we should be fully in animation production. Remember that each of you need to demonstrate what you worked on.
9:50 Cawd Study Group
Give me your notecards at break for credit!
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 Week 21 Quiz
- Silent until noon.
- Stay in your seats.
- When complete move silently into our post quiz sketch.
- Click here.
11:20 Friday Morning Sketching Content: Winebottle
Continuing with our practice of sketching Still Life themed objects, we are going to today look at the classic Still Life subject of a Wine Bottle.
The requirement is that you sketch a Wine Bottle on a surface. This sketch should have shading in two distinct areas:
- Shading on the wine bottle to show the 3 dimensions of the glass shape.
- Shading on the table to demonstrate that the bottle is on a surface.
Some may have prior skills on this, and want to simply sketch on your own – and that is ok.
If you would like some guidance on how to set up the shape of the wine bottle using construction lines and ellipses please follow the resource below. It gives a nice overview of building an outline with construction lines, erasing the lines when the shape is complete, and then adding the shading skills you have been developing the last couple of weeks.
Name and date, on the back table at lunch.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Thursday / Friday Self Directed Kinetic Typography Exercise
Today we are going to be working on our Self Directed Typography Project. Some of us have already started, some of us will be starting today.
The minimum goal is to get 15 words synced up to your portion of a song / speech / movie / cartoon / etc. Students that want to go above and beyond please do so to ensure the “A” and maybe a Motion Graphic portfolio piece!
Jimmy Jiang is going to be in our Friday afternoon to mill around with me and help where needed. Don’t struggle, ask him for help – he is good people, don’t be intimidated.
Export your .mp4 as “(lastname)KineticTypography.mp4” and upload to the “week_23” folder on your Shared Drive as this is an animation.
Most of you will get 1 afternoon for this, so be efficient and don’t spend much time finding the “perfect clip” – don’t let that slow down your progress.
Dailies at 1:55 as normal.