Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
- We don’t yet know about our Game Day, we have to wait until Eric, Nolan, and Judah take their quizzes. Encourage them to study!
- If we do have a Game Day, you know the first step will be to have all work turned in. Start working on that now.
- Students missing any work will be after school tomorrow at Homework Club, so that will help.
- No quiz on Friday if we don’t have a Game Day, we will just have a day of new projects.
- Visitors today from BFA! Early breaks to accommodate. Names and pairings will shot up tomorrow morning once we have the lists.
- Noah working with Donovan from 10:35 to 11:05.
- We have Curtis Aube from the Champlain Games Festival will be coming to Cawd today at 11:10 to present about the Festival, as well as test drive Game Design Team Work. We are going to have some time for Curtis to get hands on practice with your game, and give his input.
- Due to Curtis Aube’s visit, we are going to shift Week 22 Capstone Presentations on Wednesday morning:
- Game Design Teams – Google slide presentation with how you plan to address the concerns of the alpha testing.
- Animation Teams – final Bad Piggies screenings.
- Nolan – what did you do this week in preparation for the Web Design Competition?
- Jordan – Video Game Graphic Designs.
- Thompson – Warp Core Progress.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Week 23 Capstone Production Time
Game Design Teams
Taking the information from your Alpha Testing Feedback and begin addressing the concerns, and continuing the development of your game. You have 43 days until you present to the judge!
You will have this morning to work, as well as an hour on Thursday. At 11:10 on Thursday we are going to schedule our Week 23 Capstone Presentations. Plan to have an .mp4 which demonstrates where you specifically addressed a concern from alpha testing feedback.
Model a terraforming device which could be sent to a lifeless planet and bring life to it in preparation for human colonization. Your device will not need to produce cities, and buildings, but will need to produce plants, clouds, and create water.
This device must be no larger than a car, and while you do not need to animate it this week, you will be animating it in the future. After vacation you will animate it from space (in a capsule for protection and interstellar travel) to landing, and terraforming. Keep this in mind while you and your partner design your terraforming device.
Remember the only deliverable for Thursday’s presentation is the model, and 3 renders.
Nolan – working with Goodman to prepare for the Web Competition.
Jordan / Thompson – let’s setup your topics individually.
10:10 Break (15 Minutes)
10:25 Week 23 Capstone Production Time
11:10 Presentation from Curtis Aube of the Champlain Games Festival
Curtis Aube has been developing games for over 18 years. He is the owner of Ketos Games, a family oriented, video game development studio established in 2014, and the creator of Marble Muse, a PC game about navigating a marble through a 3D obstacle course by rotating the course itself. Since the release of Marble Muse, Ketos Games has been working with Wooplah on Pollywog Pond, an educational video game portal for preschoolers. Most recently he has been developing an educational spelling game while organizing the first Champlain Games Festival. Aube currently resides in Essex, works as a Software Engineer at My Web Grocer and is a husband and a proud father of two lovely daughters.
The Champlain Games Festival is a single day event featuring locally made digital and tabletop games. The event is family friendly and will take place at the Champlain Valley Exposition, Essex Junction, Vermont on April 14th 2018. It is a chance for gamers and game developers to connect and play some awesome games!
11:20 Week 23 Capstone Production Time
Animation Teams, Nolan, Thompson, and Jordan – this is Capstone production time.
Game Design Teams, Curtis Aube is going to come around and meet you, and try out your games. This is a professional that you can get some constructive criticism from (write notes).
When a Game Design Team is not presenting to Curtis, you and your partner are working on Week 23 Capstone Progress, with a 11:10 Thursday presentation.
We will start with Carner / Eli.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Tuesday / Wednesday Web Design Step by Steps
Between a “snow” day, the water main day, and the death flu which attacked Mr. Cronin, I think we are going to take a couple afternoons to do some step by step web production as a class.
We are all going to pick a thing we “like”. We are going to build together and combine both html5 and css3. We will also talk about prepping images for use on the web using tools such as Photoshop, as well as embedding in Youtube videos to help with user engagement.
We are all going to upload what we have today for dailies, and that is how we will be graded at 2:00 today.
Low stress, let’s really reinforce some basic concepts of web design and work together. Wednesday we will do another of the same theme, students here both afternoons will choose a second “like”.
Could you do one or both of these for another class and get extra credit? I mean, we need the content anyway.
We are all going to use the metro color palette:
2:00 Dailies – on the fly grading for the Tuesday “What I like” project