Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
- Everyone, please put your Sketchbooks on the back table now. I am going to grade Design Homework 22 | 3 Mugs during English. Remember Design Homework 23 | Free Sketch for over vacation, due the Monday we return.
- Harper we have to talk about something! Not end of the world, but it is time sensitive!
- Students may stay and work today until 3pm when all work from Week 22 is due. Would anyone like a Homework Club bus?
- Some of you may not know but we DID earn a Game Day for Friday! While I am still recovering, Mr. Moore volunteered to go food shopping Friday morning. Who wants to be in charge of panhandling with the Poorly Produced Piece of Pottery? I personally think the Quesadillas and Eric the Chef were amazing and should be the cornerstone of our good – thoughts? We should also talk about what you would like to “do” on Friday? Board games? Systems? Musical Instruments? Movies? Let’s talk and organize so that we have activities. Remember, the bust Game Days have been when everyone thought everyone else was bringing in fun stuff.
- Remember that all of your Cawd work must be turned in before you can relax Friday. This may mean working for an hour Friday to get caught, but I will be grading on the fly and it really isn’t the end of the world.
- This morning we have a visitor from MMU from 9:35 to 10:05.
- Nolan is working with Will
- As we only have an early visitor, we are going to attempt to leave break where it is. (As I do this, roll the dice that we won’t get a second round visitor, we will UNDOUBTEDLY get a second round visitor that shows up right before break).
- We have two visitors after lunch tomorrow afternoon for hour-long visits similar to what we did a couple weeks ago. Eric as requested one of them, Maliki – would you like to take the other?
- Remember that due to our Game Day, we are going to have our final hour for Week 23 Capstone Production AND Presentations for grade tomomorrow. Be ready.
- I have one two flower sketch which was turned in, but has an ilegible name. It is on the back table. Fix and hand to me.
9:40 Attendance and Article (likely no)
9:45 Last Looks for Week 22 Capstone Presentation
Take 20 minutes and get your work in order. What you present is your grade.
- Game Design Teams – Google slide presentation with how you plan to address the concerns of the alpha testing.
- Animation Teams – final Bad Piggies screenings.
- Nolan – what did you do this week in preparation for the Web Design Competition?
- Jordan – Video Game Graphic Designs.
- Thompson – Warp Core Progress.
All with start at 10:07.
10:07 Week 22 Capstone Presentations
10:30? Photoshop Content: Clipping Masks with Type?
- Clipping Masks
- Layer Effects
Let’s think about your likes, or history of … of something. Places you have visited? Favorite Foods? Concerts?
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 English with Mr. Bisson
- Be back at 11am sharp for attendance.
- Give your attention to Mr. Bisson who is our Cawd English teacher.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Tuesday / Wednesday Web Design Step by Steps
If you were here yesterday read the bottom first.
Between a “snow” day, the water main day, and the death flu which attacked Mr. Cronin, I think we are going to take a couple afternoons to do some step by step web production as a class.
We are all going to pick a thing we “like”. We are going to build together and combine both html5 and css3. We will also talk about prepping images for use on the web using tools such as Photoshop, as well as embedding in Youtube videos to help with user engagement.
We are all going to upload what we have today for dailies, and that is how we will be graded at 1:55 today.
Low stress, let’s really reinforce some basic concepts of web design and work together. Wednesday we will do another of the same theme, students here both afternoons will choose a second “like”.
Could you do one or both of these for another class and get extra credit? I mean, we need the content anyway.
We are all going to use the Giant Goldfish color palette:
If you were here yesterday I want you to build a second version of this as practice. Make sure you follow our change in layout to a 600 pixel wide <section> and image, and make sure to use Giant Goldfish! Some of you will get this down very quicky. When you finish, start working on tomorrow afternoons 20% project, or work on Capstone work as we are presenting Week 23 Capstone Work Product tomorrow morning.
1:55 Grading of the Wednesday Step By Step.
Please post your site to the dailies section for grading/presentations. We didn’t do this yesterday, but I think it makes sense to do it this way.