Class hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- Thanks for rolling with yesterday. If anyone had transgressions, I will find you.
- Skills Milestone Day! Game Teams first, and then we all put machines to sleep at 10:25 to watch animations. When you are done this work, get missing work in so 7/8 we can relax.
- Enjoy your week and a half vacation! If your school comes back from break early on Monday / Tuesday, please check in with your school if you have to go to morning / afternoon classes or if you can just come back Wednesday. Beyond my pay grade.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 The Curve Pre-production
9:50 Week 24 Skills Production
I am going to make this simple as we are reaching some milestones this week.
Present your Titanic Animation to the class at 10:25 this morning.
We will all have our computers asleep and watch and give feedback. (Not that you are redoing this animation, but the feedback will help inform future animation decisions).
Game Design Teams
I play your minimum viable product Friday morning starting at 9:55 this morning.
A minimum viable product for a video game is the bare minimum game experience necessary to prove that people find your core game mechanic engaging.
Whatever your game mechanic is I need to test it out. It could be:
- Bowling ball, trying to increase score by hitting pins in different worlds.
- RPG trying to kill enemies and pickup items to get new swords / health.
- Platformer where I use a rocket launcher to navigate to reach goal. If I don’t reach goal I die (time or level death).
This is not just a level demo were I walk around. I need to get a hands-on experience with your core mechanic of the game.
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 Week 21 Quiz
- Silent until noon.
- Stay in your seats.
- When complete move silently into our post quiz sketch.
- Click here.
11:20 Friday Morning Sketching Exercise: The Curve
Specifics to come…
Sign and date, place on back table by lunch.
Get missing work in! I am grading late / missing work while you take the quiz and sketch! Make 7/8 great again.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Friday Afternoon Social Site Maintenance
- Get fully caught up.
- Relax / socialize.1:55 Dailies