Class hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- Welcome to Week 24! 5 good days of work and then we have a week and half vacation – we don’t return until Wednesday March 6th!
- Good signature.
- Milk gone bad tattoo.
- Nice encouraging scene of a kids first drop. We need more of this positive energy in the world!
- While we didn’t earn a Game Day for Friday, we are going to use period 7/8 Friday to wrap up the early winter session. If you are fully current with all assignments by 12:45 Friday you can game / socialize / play guitar, and at 1:15 we have the chance to go to the rink to skate. No food, no systems, no visitors from other programs, and I am not getting you out of your 7/8 classes, but we can have a bit of a relaxing afternoon. Get caught up early!
- As we didn’t dominate the first 3 quizzes of 2019, instead of a new vocab this week we are going to have a review quiz all 3 2019 vocabs to get some more practice. Review Quiz Friday on weeks:
- We are having visitors this morning first session from MMU. Start with the River Visitor Form. Then show off your best work (you don’t have time to show everything). Working with visitors today from now until 10:05 will be:
- Students wishing to return to CTE please make sure you get your application to your sending school guidance counselor and give me your second year recommendation form with the top box filled out. Ideally you get this done by this Friday, the due date is the Friday we return from vacation!
9:45 Design Homework 24 | Free Sketch
As is tradition over vacations, your DH will be anything you wish. It can be literal, it can be abstract, it can be a tutorial, it can connect to your Skills production, it can be still life practice – totally up to you.
Sign and date, due the Wednesday we return from break.
9:50 Site Maintenance
- Get all missing work / on time work in! There are a number of us that will be with me for Wednesday’s Homework Club unless we get the work in. Grading at 11am today as normal.
- Start studying for review Quiz on Friday.
- Sign and date DH 23 now to save time.
10:10 Early Break (15 Minutes)
10:25 Site Maintenance
10:55 Intro to Monday / Tuesday Afternoon Self Directed Typography
11:00 English with Mr. Bisson
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Monday / Tuesday Final Typography Exercise: Anything Typography Related
Often the best work we do as designers / students isn’t when the CD or Mr. Cronin say do X, Y, and Z – but instead give you a theme to work off of.
In our final Typography unit project, you are going to have the chance to create anything that has a focus on Type. I am really going to open this up to anything creative you can do with type.
The easy options that we have already done:
- Literal Static Typography
- Form Static Typography
- Kinetic Typography
Do something else in the same style or theme.
If you want to continue your Kinetic Typography project I would allow that, but you get two separate grades for what you did Week 23 (graded today at 11) and what you add to it (graded as week 24 work).
Think Different – what could you do in type with:
- Create a 3D scene with text as the Central element.
- Create a level of type.
- Create a level where the gun projectile is different letters based on trigger volumes.
- Have animated blueprint elements come together to create a word.
- Create a design with heavy use of type – great for students trying to create a traditional artistic portfolio for college admission.
- Do a beautiful sketch of a made up work that just is a sound. Like “Leougly“.
- Create some motivational typography using html and css – create with code instead of using graphics.
- Explore JS where we type text into a field and some display text is changed on a website.
Premiere, Illustrator, etc – what could you do?
Regardless what you choose to do create a folder called “type” inside “week_24” and upload your finished project to this folder. If doing an animation or screen capture of a video game create a “type” folder inside “week_24” on the Shared Drive.
You have Monday and Tuesday afternoons to create this but if you wish you can extend this project to Wednesday and Thursday afternoons as your 20% if you start creating something really nice and want to complete it.
We will have Google 20’s both Wednesday and Thursday so we all get one leading up to vacation – we lost last weeks due to the snow day.