Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
- Welcome to Week 24!
- We are going to have our Friday Quiz be a review quiz on Week 21 and Week 22 to get us back in to the swing of school and content. Extra credit questions will come from this weeks articles.
- Sad, or amazing? I am leaning toward sad. GO OUTSIDE.
- Always make sure to water your dog.
- Due to some schools being closed today, we are going to have our Week 24 Google 20% project today instead of Friday. Let’s look at today’s 20% to see about some new options.
- Eric you have Rebecca visiting today 7/8. Same plan as before, follow these guidelines.
9:40 Attendance and Article – Eli, as you suggested it?
9:45 Design Homework 24
Continuing with our 3rd Quarter Focus of Still Life, this week we are going to practice drawing a component which will hopefully go into your Still Life repertoire – a cup and saucer.
Follow the resource provided and do your best to create the end result. Don’t give us your own variations on the theme, try your best to replicate what is drawn.
In addition to your standard drawing pencils you can use your white and black colored pencils where the artist uses his white and black pastels.
Sign and date, due 1 week from today.
- Check the Week 23 “What is due”.
- Bring over DH | 23 when we meet.
- Prepare for the Week 24 Review Quiz which will be Review on Week 21 and Week 22. Extra credit questions come from this weeks articles.
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 English with Mr. Bisson
- Be back at 11am sharp for attendance.
- Give your attention to Mr. Bisson who is our Cawd English teacher.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article (Longer Article…but a good read. Isaac?)
12:45 Monday Afternoon Google Inspired 20% Project
Topics today at 12:50.
Dailies at 2:00.
Something different? After Skills and Step Up Day we are going to partner with the Pinbox3000 group in a collaboration between:
- Pre-tech 2
While we won’t get into specifics yet, we will be focusing on both designing and building.
We are also going to be getting farther into programming, and was looking for a bridge to some of our new content.
With that said…I wanted to try out some different options for 20% projects to explore new stuff. I don’t know if this will work, or if there will be interest, but I thought it would be fun, and if there was ever a litmus test on what is hip with the cool high school kids it is me. Let’s be honest.
So would anyone like to tinker with building? Once building is done, then we could program as well. Again, this is all just trying to push what we do, try new things, get out of our comfort zone. So I bought some “stuff”.
This is a little where I act as a manager and you guys are the talent. Controlled chaos is ok here.
Thompson Only – hosting Rebecca
12:45 – 1:05 – Visitor Info Form and show off the samples of work on the page. Normal stuff. Thompson tell Rebecca you like Star Trek. Maliki tell your visitor I am amazing. Act as if you were normal.
- 1:05-1:20 Get them into Maya and build a widget from a cube, Use extrude as the main modeling tool on the cube. Basic, but show them how to build it, and let them build. You will help them drive the mouse. Whatever they create is 100% perfect – make sure they know it isn’t graded and they aren’t being judged.
- 1:20 export the .fbx file and email is to Andrew Bruce (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 1:25 – 1:45 Show them the best work, show them YOUR best work, show them a process, or project. What do YOU want to show off how to do?
- Vector Art?
- Kinetic Typography?
- Up to you.
- 1:45 we bring them into Cawd2 with Mr. Moore. Stay with your visitor and help facilitate. Again, make them feel comfortable.
- 2:00 your visitor is dismissed from Cawd2. You may evolve.