Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
- Review Quiz tomorrow! Check the Monday Dayplan for specifics.
- Game teams look at the Wednesday afternoon Capstone time for what you are presenting at 9:45 tomorrow morning for grade. I added in Evan / Shepherd as well as Tristen / Preston.
- Let’s look at today’s study group…
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Moring Web Step By Step
Today we are going to continue on a Web Step by Step layout creation. This will bleed into Tuesday, but we will all go through the process of:
- Setting up html5/css
- Creating a floating page layout
- Using Google-hosted fonts
- Using images / floats
- Classes vs. id’s
- Using specific html5 elements
- Using additional CSS properties
Today we will continue to create the desktop version of this layout, and then we can start talking about creating a responsive layout for cell phones, tablets, etc.
10:25 Cawd Study Group Friday Only
Mr. Irwin is subbing for a sick teacher today, so you are going to be doing the notes on your own and still handing them to me tomorrow morning before you go to Friday’s Study Group.
Notes to me, tomorrow at 10:25.
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 Moring Web Step By Step
11:30? Flexbox Froggy?
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Thursday / Friday Afternoon Web Design Exercise: “What’s Next” website
Today and Friday afternoon you are going to create a 3 or 6 page website. If here half time you will do a smaller, 3-page version. All other requirements exist.
Regardless of the length or content, I want a consistent formatted layout to display the information.
You are going to follow the same rough process we followed when doing our Vaporwave layout:
- Setup a styled html template page.
- Duplicate for 3 or 6 pages (based on schedules)
- Populate with legitimate content
Today I am going to do the project with you as a junior.
Friday I will do it with you as a senior.
You don’t have to follow along with me, but we can work concurrently and you can ask questions, see what I do, etc. Come up and see my code, etc. Nice collaborative work.
Your website is going to be based on careers. Use a website such as Monster.com to find where jobs are that you may be interested in. The job doesn’t have to be Cawd related, you don’t have to pander to me. Do you want to work at a beach in Lousiana? Ok, find an opening.
- The main heading should say “Careers“.
- Find 6 careers/jobs which are currently open. On each page give me:
- Name of the job
- Link to the job posting
- Link to the Company
- Copy and paste the paragraph/description and place on the page. Format appropriately. I would like to see information such as:
- Skills they are looking for
- Location of job
** If you are senior who is taking a grade 13 / not graduating and applying to Cawd2, it may make sense to do the Junior work as you will be here another year.
Your website is going to be on the subject of higher education. Find college or university programs where you can continue your schooling post-high school. The college/program doesn’t have to be Cawd related, again, no pandering. Do you want to learn how to become a chef? Architect? Surgeon? Ok, find a program.
- The main heading should say “Higher Education“.
- Find 6 colleges/majors which you may want to continue your education with. On each page give me:
- Name of the College (link to)
- Name of the Major (link to their major page)
- Cost per year (include tuition and room and board)
- Copy and paste the paragraph/description and place on the page. Format appropriately.
All work is to go in a folder called “next” inside of Week 24.
It is imperative that the formatting of your information is done well. Padding, margins, text indents, lists, colors, etc. Make your data consistent across your pages. Don’t come up with a different style for each page.
Attractive consistency is the key!