Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
- Happy Early St. Patrick’s Day! (That is the Chicago River, they do this for every St. Patrick’s Day).
- Thank you to all that took part in the NTHS Induction Ceremony last night. You are now in your first cult!
- Don’t forget your Nighthawks inspired DH | 25 due Monday.
- Study Group kids I need notes before you leave!
- Let’s all look at Capstone Production Goals – and what you will be assessed on Tuesday @ 9:45.
- Doors locked right at 2:05 today due to an off-campus event I need to get to pretty quick. You may ask yourself, “I wonder if he is just going home to watch college basketball as part of March Madness“. This would be correct. Get out.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Friday Morning Partner Switch Web Design Exercise | Opposites
This morning we are going to work with partners to create a “Opposites” design. We are going to work as a Switch project, where we work at one computer and do 5 minute rotations. Only when it is YOUR time to work should you be touching the keyboard and mouse.
We are going to present today at 10:35 for final grade – you two must work efficiently.
Partners – move to the green partner’s machine to work.
- Judah / Tristen
- Isaac / CJ
- Thompson / Victor
- Katie / Jordan
- Haven / Jean Marie
- Lattereur / Eli
- Maliki / Colton
- Jimmy / Leavitt
- Meli / Senghe
- Moore / Preston
- Shephard / Soulia
Specifics / Guidelines
Will come out Friday AM so one partner doesn’t do all the work early as they would rather work by themselves.
- background image
- background color on the section
- text color adjusted to accommodate
- some subjective personal opinions encouraged
10:25 Cawd Study Group
10:35 The Featured Two Grading
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 Friday Morning Quiz
- Notes / Music Away
- Single Browser Tab
- Silent / Stay in Seats
- Click here.
11:30 Morning Spatial Thinking Sketching Content
Spatial thinking is thinking that finds meaning in the shape, size, orientation, location, direction or trajectory, of objects, processes or phenomena, or the relative positions in space of multiple objects, processes or phenomena. In short, how well can you imagine how things go together relative to each other.
We are going to revisit Design Homework 24 | Cup and Saucer.
I want you to draw this image from the reversed perspective. The cup handle should be on the right side of the cup, and the spoon should be on the left side extending back and to the left.
Spatial Thinking, being able to deconstruct shapes, move them around in your brain, and recombine them, is something which can be learned and improved. Today you will do your best to recreate the original subject (same cup, saucer, and spoon as DH | 24) from the opposite perspective.
Get it as accurate as you can for the “A”!
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Capstone Production Time
By now we all should have specific, divergent tasks to complete. Get to it.
Be ready when you walk in the door Tuesday morning.
- Looking for 50% of your Terraforming animation.
Game Design Teams
Name / Tristen
- Make outside more presentable (please show before / after)
- Candles on the top floor for illumination.
Eli / Carner
- Map finished to presentable level
- Transporter model roughed out
- Good music loop for gameplay
Judah / Colton
- Finish puzzle for 2nd level/room
- Model assets for 2nd level/room
- Toy Robot
- Rubiks Cube
Evan / Shepherd
- Evan – continue on “Big Picture” animation of gameplay
- Shepherd – procedural models demonstration using variables
Harper / CJ
- Harper – Fix box code (please show before / after)
- CJ – Extra Assets Created
- Moving Platform
Leavitt / Senghe
- Import Art Assets
- Create Banners, Chair
Isaac / Laterreur
- Menu for upgrading
- Work on 5 audio effects (create yourself)