Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
- Welcome to Week 25!
- Rollerskating Robot.
- Today we have an Early Release. This is the 2nd of 3 we have this year. We are having a slightly longer lunch and then you are dismissed to go home at 12:40.
- Essex Students are to be dismissed at 11:35? to get on your buses to go home. Please don’t forget, I am thinking Victor specifically with the Georgia bus. All other EHS “walkers” should be staying through English and Lunch.
- The rest of us:
- English starts are normal, but lunch goes 12-12:33.
- Attendance and Article at 12:33.
- Dismissal at 12:40.
- National Technical Honor Society Inductions are this Thursday night. We will have rehearsal at 9:45 on Thursday morning directly after the article.
- You need to be dressed nicely (guys ties/girls wear the equivalent of guys with ties?)
- In your seat at 6:30. Weather will be weather, get here early.
- Have you picked someone out to honor? It can be who you put in your essay, or not. It is this person who will put the stole on you, very similar to the Medal Ceremony of Star Wars. Except you haven’t saved the galaxy. Yet.
- Make sure that person KNOWS they are to come up and is PRESENT at the ceremony.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Jimmy / Maliki / Student Council Update
9:50 Design Homework 25 | Still Life inspired by NightHawks
Nighthawks is a famous oil painting which displays a diner late at night. We have slowly started building our still life abilities by working on individual elements. This week we are going to work on still life’s based on themes. The Design Homework 25’s Still Life theme is “Nighthawks”. Draw me a still life which:
- Is reflective of a late 1930’s, early 1940’s American diner.
- May include design elements seen in the painting, or is at least heavily influenced by them:
- In the existing painting, we see a glass, a mug, a napkins dispenser, salt and pepper shakers.
- We would also accept elements which make sense that are on theme even if not evident. Plates? Bowls? Forks, knives, etc.
You want an “F”? Add in the iPhone, Switch, or laptop. Elements must be period.
Let’s say the focus must be the countertop itself and elements on it. We don’t want:
- background / exteriors
You are not recreating Nighthawks, you are creating a still life influenced by Nighthawks.
It is important that we build our portfolio of hand-drawn artwork. We again are hearing from colleges and universities that it is the combination of on computer skills, and hand-drawn art, which will give applicants the best chance of being accepted/getting the job.
Sign and date, due 1 week from today.
9:55 Site Maintenance
- Check the Week 24 “What is due”
- Start Studying for Friday’s Quiz
- Work on content due this Wedesday
- Work on Web Dev
- Some students still losing points for:
10:35 Remaining Capstone Presentations
- Haven / Jean Marie
- Victor / Maya
- Evan / Cameron
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 English with Mr. Bisson
- Be back at 11am sharp for attendance.
- Give your attention to Mr. Bisson who is our Cawd English teacher.
12:30 Lunch (33 Minutes)
12:33 Attendance and Article
12:40 Early Release!
…or “Run! It’s an Early Release”.
Also. Don’t run.
How about “Walk calmly. It’s an Early Release.”