Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
- Students may stay and work today until 3pm when all work from Week 25 is due. Would anyone like a Homework Club Bus?
- Two groups have a chance to present at 10:30 their Capstone work they could not do yesterday in an attempt to get out of Homework Club.
- I have done this.
- English is in Mr. Bisson’s classroom again today! Pastries! Be in his room at 11!
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Web 2.0 Style Layout
Continued development – we are going to all start from my starting position through the example files.
Over the next two mornings, we will talk about splitting content up into main / aside sidebars, WCAG guidelines, advertisements, etc.
And flex. Flex everywhere.
10:30 Supplemental Week 25 Capstone Presentations
- Jean-Marie / Haven
- Eli / Carner? (Is Carner sick again?)
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 English with Mr. Bisson in Mr. Bisson’s Classroom!
- Be back at 11am sharp for attendance.
- Give your attention to Mr. Bisson who is our Cawd English teacher.
- In Mr. Bisson’s Room – be there at 11!
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Wednesday / Thursday Afternoon Capstone Production Time
You will be 75% through your allotted time at the end of this week. Presentations Friday morning at 9:45 should be pretty darn good.
Now we are getting to the end. We have 2 weeks from tomorrow. We are going to split into two divergent paths for team members:
- Designer / Developer / Artist – meet with Mr. Cronin and set realistic goals for the next two afternoons.
- Public Relations Specialist – Create a website/presentation, and start thinking about the 10-minute window you get with the judge. How are you going to divvy up your time?
- You could:
- 3 Minutes of background / why your team likes games / what games led you to this Design Competition (The Monday / Tuesday afternoon Cawd project!)
- 4 Minutes of demonstration both in UE / Maya / Photoshop / ETC. What have you done?
- 2 minutes of hands-on Judge gameplay.
- 1 minute of questions.
- OR you could:
- 1 minute of “Game Trailer” you create in Premiere / After Effects
- 1-minute introduction of team
- 3-minute premise – talk about the background story and what type of genre you are trying to mimic.
- 2 minutes of the judge playing
- 3-minute conclusion on why your game is different and would have the potential to appeal to a mass audience.
- Regardless I want to see the start of your presentation AND see a 10-minute breakdown with what your team will do for your 10-minute window.
- You could: