Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
- Thanks to the helpers we had yesterday! Step Up Day drove me nuts as normal as I have anxiety and don’t like change. Kids look nice for next year though, so I have that going for me. Which is nice.
- Doors locked today at 2:05 because I was here yesterday until 7. I just will want to turn my brain off. Real talk.
- Skills in 3 / 4 days depending on your competition! How are we doing with clothing? Everyone knows the schedule?
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Turn in your Doodle Sketches
As per the assignment, it is due…now.
9:50 Judah’s Speech
10:00 Skills Prep / Rearranging our Classrooms
We are close, the finish line is in sight.
On next Wednesday Jimmy and Judah will be presenting their t-shirt designs (along with Goodman). Sarah and Haley will be presenting their pins. There are off-site, and Mr. Moore will be giving you info (gave you maybe?) on these specifics.
Next Thursday we will have the other competitions. We will be hosting 3 of these competitions, and have visitors from other schools coming to Cawd to compete.
Layout and Infrastructure Adjustments
- Cawd Lounge side of the room gets rearranged into a C-ish shape. Everything moved. All game design teams are moved to the other side of the room. We not only host Tenzin/Reed, but we have to make a place for a team from Rutland.
- Animation and Web Design Teams move to Cawd2, as their competition is in Cawd2.
- Cawd proper (where we are now) is reserved for students not involved. This will be a combination of Cawd and Cawd2 students.
No new in class projects for the next 4 days in preparation for Skills.
- Game Design Teams – you all have individual tasks to work on
- Nolan / Goodman – good news about the preprocessors (we can use them in the competition). Practice.
- Animation Teams – I have a short practice project that really focuses on animation for Monday / Tuesday / Wednesday. Less on rendering, more on emotion and storytelling.
Capstone Presentations Today?
We have all been working very hard. I am going to give you the entire day to complete and improve Capstone 27. Tuesday morning at 9:45 of next week I will be individually coming around to your group and seeing your work from Week 27.
Ancillaries that will still happen
- Site Maintenance
- English (Monday and Wednesday)
- Design Homework
- Homework Club (Wednesday)
- Dailies (Each day)
- Companion Classes – except Thursday which will be an all-day event. Please email your teachers TODAY with Mr. Moore’s email address and explain to your Thursday teachers that you won’t be in AM / PM Companion classes. This is for EHS / CTE / Everyone.
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 Friday Morning Quiz
- Notes / Music Away
- Single Browser Tab
- Silent / Stay in Seats
- Click here.
11:30 Capstone Production Time
We DO need to remain silent, so plan on using email or chat to talk back and forth with your partner after you finish the quiz. You must remain in your seat, just as with a quiz, but you are to work on Capstone Production.
OR IF YOU ARE JUDAH AND JIMMY
You get to take an extra preparatory quiz for next week. Mr. Moore will email you the details, but you must get it done today or you have a point deduction from your T-shirt presentation.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article (This is for you Eli)
12:45 Capstone Production Time
1:30 Goodman’s Speech