Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
- Welcome to Week 27!
- Monday! This is a weird and wild week.
- First – the vast majority of you are doing at home assignments on Thursday. (Except for the students coming in to help run our Step Up Day, or if you are applying to a different program.) I will confirm with you this morning. The at Home Assignment will come out Wednesday morning.
- Second – because of the schedule we will have a A B schedule of:
- B, A, B , _, B
- Ok, so I have been back on a certain subreddit. What is this graphic trying to say?
- I feel the “information hierarchy” seems to have been compromised – word order matters! This mug ends up just being depressing.
- Due to events this week we are locking up doors right at 2:05 every day this week, so no Homework Club on Wednesday.
- 20 Minutes less Site Maintenance today, with it made up tomorrow.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Design Homework 27: Skills Medals Still Life
This is what we are going for soon enough. These medals in the different events are the equivalent to Olympic Medals in different competitions. Instead of going for the gold in Snowboarding, Bobsledding, and Ice Skating, we are going for Web Design, Animation, Pin Design, T Shirt Design and Game Design.
Your task this week is to create an interesting still life with the Skills Medals as a focus. They must look like the Skills Medals, so the detail on the front and back is important. Don’t put a thumbs on up it, don’t put the NCC-1701 (even if it is the “D”) – make it accurate to what exists.
From a purely robotic perspective (I have no creativity but I enjoy drawing), you could draw the above photo that shoes the front and back for full credit. The organization with the box on the left, and ribbon on the right, works nicely.
If you google “SkillsUSA Medals” you will find other reference images. I also have medals to look at when we meet today so we can see their form and shape.
At an absolute minimum, we have to see one side. If you do both sides, it must reflect reality.
Finally, consider composition. Using Rule of Thirds, for example, wouldn’t be the worst idea!
Place the medal/ribbon along one of the intersecting lines (tic tac toe boards) placed over an image.
Sign and date, due 1 week from today.
9:50 Site Maintenance
- Check the Week 26 “What is due” – remember there is no Homework Club on Wednesday.
- Study for Friday’s quiz. There will be no Thursday study group!
- Web Dev 3 is due Wednesday, Web Dev 4 is assigned.
- Eric / Isaac – Eric is PR, Isaac has Split Screen
- Haven / Jean Marie – 75% done, how does it look?
- Judah / Colton – Lambert is PR, Judah is … nice. (In all reality I wrote down a star next to his name when we met…but what does that star mean? I am hoping that it meant I liked what Judah had said he was going to do. Maybe he is making a star. We will see….)
10:35 Jimmy’s Speech – Judah you are going tomorrow!
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 English with Mr. Bisson
- Be back at 11am sharp for attendance.
- Give your attention to Mr. Bisson who is our Cawd English teacher.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Monday Afternoon Switch Web Design Project: Chittenden County Sheriff’s Department
Today we are going to work on a Switch Project redesigning the Chittenden County Sheriff’s Website.
We are going to take their message (and some content) and update it for 2018. We are going to do a logo-less, Web 2.0 Design similar to our Van Gogh design.
We will grade at 1:55, through the dailies form. What you have, is what you get credit for.
Both partners can upload the project to the bold students spot on the web server as that is where you are working.
Partners (working in Bold location)
- Senghe | LaForce
- Donovan |Leavitt
- Kline | Meli
- Lambert | Miles
- Moore | Goodman
- Provost | Jiang
- Shepherd | Laterreur
- Soulia | Victor
Will be tested for both Validity, as well as Responsiveness, live in front of the class at 1:55!
Put all work in folder called “switchSheriff” in your “week_27” folder. Make sure that you link directly to the project for grading, or link to your homepage only if you have a link to Week 27!