Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
- Tomorrow Cawd students are staying home and doing the “At Home” assignment from Mr. Bisson / I, unless you are:
- Harper, Katie, Maliki, Donovan – please be here by 9:30 for name tags.
- Jordan – impress the printing program!
- Doors locked at 2:05 – no Homework Club this week.
- Quiz on Friday – make sure you are studying.
- I confirmed, English will be here.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Let’s Clean the Room / Prepare for Step Up Day
- Example Files
- Setting up Unreal to run without logins and to have a “recent project”
- Setting up Maya’s Gridlines / Ensuring Mental Ray is Active and setup a “recent project”
10:30 Jimmy’s Speech
10:40 At Home Assignment for Cawd
On Thursday, March 29th (tomorrow) the vast majority of you will be doing “at home assignments” for Mr. Bisson and Cawd.
Mr. Bisson will intro his assignment today in class.
As for your Cawd assignment, I wanted to focus on Doodles. There has been some pretty interesting research done that shows that Doodling can actually help you concentrate. When in Physics, German, Calculus, whatever it is, the act of letting the mind wander a bit while you are listening to a lecture, tv show, audio book, etc, can improve retention.
First – watch this video for an explanation.
Second – take the piece of paper supplied to you and give me 24 small, random, doodles.
They do not have to be of the same theme (but they could be).
They could be 100% abstract.
They could be anything, just watch some tv, listen to music, etc, and let your pen/pencil/marker create.
This will be turned in at 9:45 on Friday morning right before our Capstone Presentations – so do it tomorrow!
If you have lost the form, here it is, print it out at home.
To get you started on the idea of lots of designs in small, circular forms, check on Japanese Manhole Covers.
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 English with Mr. Bisson
- Be back at 11am sharp for attendance.
- Give your attention to Mr. Bisson who is our Cawd English teacher.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Tuesday and Wednesday Capstone Production Time
Finish! Presentations of completed animations on Friday morning.
Game Design Teams
Meeting individually. Specific goals per team.