Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
- Happy Friday the 13th!
- Game Day Quiz today – help each other study and make sure you are comfortable with the extra credit options!
- Tomorrow is the Champlain Games Festival! Remember that it is being created / run by a former Cawd student, as well as Judah / Colton are presenting their game “Fade” tomorrow to the crowd. What are you doing tomorrow? Go visit and support locally made games! Top scores on the quiz (that want the tickets) will battle it out in a Maliki powered Kahoot for the 2 tickets. This will happen at say … 11:55?
- Today we have a visitor from Burlington working with Maliki!
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Pinbox 3000 Production Time
Final time for Pinbox 3000 Production – we are pitching to the client Monday at 10:00 AM!
Remember the main ideas:
- You and your partner are using a website to pitch your idea to the client.
- Your website should be professional.
- Your assets should be well created and moderated.
- Your story/presentation should be succinct.
- You are representing CTE and Cawd, and need to take this as seriously as you can.
- You must be ready for questions from the client.
- Talk about what would need to be used:
- Cardboard / paper?
- 3D Printed Assets?
- Electronics / Arduino powered elements?
On the whole, all the presentations need to be tightened up. Nobody was really really ready yet – that was fine as yesterday was a draft, but make sure you are going to be super efficient today.
10:25 Cawd Study Group
Please give me your notes before you leave.
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 Friday Morning Quiz
- Notes / Music Away
- Single Browser Tab
- Silent / Stay in Seats
- Click here.
11:20 4th Quarter Baseline Sketch: Portrait
As you know our hand-drawn art this year has been focused on 3 areas which our Champlain College specifically says are important for the college admission process.
The 2nd quarter focused on Perspective drawing.
The 3rd quarter focused on Still Life‘s.
The 4th quarter is going to focus on Portraits. While the most intimidating sketching content we have (to me), there are some ways we can break down the topic into almost a programmatic approach and make our lives easier.
Today’s sketch is going to be our baseline – our 1st version, so I can get an idea of where you are as a class? Please don’t look up any tricks/solutions, just do your best with your current skills. As always the before / after (or start and end of 4th quarter work) will show your growth as an artist.
So – draw me a portrait. Neck up, just as you see in the sample above. No scene, no color.
Sign and date, and place on the back table at lunch.
11:55 Quizlet for Tickets to the Champlain Games Festival!
Who will win? Who has the will? Will Will win? Who is Will? There are the questions we must ask ourselves today…
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Friday Afternoon Google Inspired 20% Project
I want topics at 12:50, dailies at 2.
Judah / Colton – we should spend this afternoon getting ready with Mr. Moore for the Champlain Games Festival which you are presenting at tomorrow!
Make sure you connect with Mr. Moore today, talk about equipment, etc.