Class hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- Welcome to April and Week 29!
- Happy Birthday to Ben.
- Last full week before the SkillsUSA State Design Competitions. Thursday we will have 11 middle schools visit from 10-12 to not only test out all the video games being produced in class, but see what the Animation and Web Design teams are up to.
- If you have not yet given your SkillsUSA paperwork to Mr. Moore please do so today.
- We are awaiting the return of 2 Mannequins. You know who you are, please return them to me as soon as you can….or else.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Design Homework 29 | Eyes
This week we will start looking at individual components that go into a realistic portrait. It is important that you realize our goal is realism as schools/employers are NOT looking for Anime. In fact the drawing professor who runs the Cawd college Drawing 1 and 2 classes specifically said that anime style art has ruined an entire generation of artists who simply don’t know how to draw anything realistic. That seemed a bit aggressive as I think you can still learn different styles, but her point stands. Realistic!
We are going to start this week by looking at eyes. While we study these individual components we will follow this weekly workflow:
- DH 29 | Learn how to draw a realistic eye and create one
- Friday Sketching Content | Draw 2 eyes as if on a human, one a reflection of the other.
I have included an online resource for you to watch to learn how to draw your eye. This is a bit longer than the resources I try to find for you, but I rarely find drawing resources with a 54-1 like/dislike ratio. If you had 54-1 playing CS, you would be considered pretty darn good. Think of this video as someone really good at CS.
You are welcome to choose a different learning resource, but make sure to look at the rating before you sit down to follow along with it. There are some “meh” resources out there, start using your own filter to find the good info. It is all free anyway.
As long as by Friday you have learned and practiced how to draw a realistic human eye, I am happy. You are going to need this knowledge to be efficient on Friday. Of course you can do your DH over the weekend, it will just make your Friday sketches over the 4th quarter more difficult. Work early, work efficiently.
Sign and date, due 1 week from today.
9:50 Site Maintenance
- Check the Week 28 “What is due”. For Skills production make sure that whatever you told me you were going to do … you turn in! I don’t care if you create Toy Story 6 last week, if you were going to do music production give me music. If you were going to create menu screens with tooltips, give me a screen case demonstrating the tooltips.
- Vocab Quiz this week be focused on SAT / ACT prep review as so many of us have scheduled SAT / ACT’s in the upcoming weeks. There are 24 or so review SAT / ACT words, this weeks test will cover 10 of them.
- Please bring over DH 28 | Baseline Portrait when we meet today, signed and dated.
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 English with Mr. Bisson
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Monday / Wednesday Afternoon Photoshop Exercise: Spectrum in the Sky
Today and Wednesday we are going to work creating artwork reflective of “Spectrum of the Sky”, a popular piece of digital art.
- Look at the art / break down what is happening / talk about what we are going to do
- DO the spectrum in the sky with the above example theme – sun/skys.
- Learn and practice tools in Photoshop to make our life easier including:
- Guide Layouts
- Layer Masks
- Layer Effects
- Work will be posted for dailies for credit.
- Apply the Monday lesson to a subject of your choosing.
- Save and upload file as standard project.