Class hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- Quiz tomorrow! SAT / ACT Review!
- Today we are welcoming our middle school visitors from Ms. Zimmerman’s class at ADL. No break, but longer lunch to accommodate their visit. Let’s make sure we behave and act respectfully for our younger friends.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Welcome our Visitors
You will have a 15 minute window to show off your game / present your work. How you want to do this is up to you. Please note the 15 minutes will allow for 5 extra minutes per team to show Blender assets, show Photoshop assets, etc.
Animation and Web Design Teams
Plan to work with visitors throughout the morning on a drop in basis. If Student X wants to see some Web Programming and Design, I am coming to my Web Teams. If Student Y wants to see some Animation and 3D Graphics, I am coming to to my Animators. When you are not working with visitors, use the time for Skills Production.
We have never done this before, so…..
- We may ask you to teach them how to use the basics of the software in a hands on way.
- They may give you really great feedback about the game you can use for the next 4 days, they may not.
- Roll with whatever happens, often times these organic projects without overly explicit rules can end up pretty rewarding.
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Tuesday / Thursday Applied JS Program – Rock Paper Scissors Game
Today we will continue our Rock Paper Scissors Development we started on Tuesday.
Determine game rules Create randomness with the computer so we can play it head to head
- Design an interface for the user (50% done)
- Program in the logic of the game which compares the random result from the browser, to the human input from the mouse
- Keep score