Class hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- Today is yet another Tumultuous Tuesday! Schedules changed accordingly.
- Doors locked immediately after school today as normal for Tuesday’s.
- SkillsUSA paperwork to Mr. Moore ASAP. THIS IS MR. MOORE (OOOoooOOOoooOOooh….) I am still missing paperwork. I need these TODAY. Missing:
- Jean Marie
- Get that work in today (and check grade at the after lunch Silent Site Maintenance Session) – students missing any work are required to be after school Wednesday for the Cawd Homework Club.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Tuesday Skills Production
Ok my people, here is the deal. The Vermont SkillsUSA Design Competitions start in a week, with most of us competing and presenting next Wednesday.
This is what our Skills timeline roughly looks like:
- Meet with me team by team and assess your specific needs. Decide as a team what you need to work on. Grade comes from how hard you work at your practice for the next week and a half, which your team manages. No dedicated project that I assign – at this point you and your team know what you need to work on.
- Take tie-breaking test for Skills with Mr. Moore. If you and another teach each score 1433.44 points – this test is the tie-breaker.
- Talk about competition clothing requirements with Mr. Moore.
- Talk with Mr. Moore about the schedule of next week.
- Prep for presentations & interviews / Work Time
- Middle School Visitors from ADL / Game Testing / Presentations. From 10-12 we are going to presenting our work (all three events) to 11 middle school kids. At the design competitions there are interviews and you need to be able to explain what you are doing, and why you are doing it.
- Move room around (Computer moving all over the place for the next 4 days)
- Afternoon dedicated to Skills Production
- Day dedicated to Skills Production
Wednesday – State Design Competitions
I am going to meet with Game Teams last as you crazy kids can keep working toward until we meet.
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 Tuesday Skills with Mr. Moore
- Talk about clothing requirements.
- Go over next weeks schedule for Skills.
- Take the SkillsUSA Tie-breaking Test.
Any extra time use for Skills Production.
11:50 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:25 Silent Site Maintenance / Missing Work Check
- Check to see if you are missing any work
- Work on anything Cawd related / Design Homework / College Homework
- 12:40 Departures for CTE students
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Tuesday / Thursday Applied JS Program – Rock Paper Scissors Game
Now that we know an introduction to JS, I thought it would be fun to go and program in our first super basic game: “Rock Paper Scissors”. We are going to work together Tuesday and Thursday afternoon as a class to work in a pretty professional workflow where we will:
- Determine game rules
- Create randomness with the computer so we can play it head to head
- Design an interface for the user
- Program in the logic of the game which compares the random result from the browser, to the human input from the mouse
- Keep score
While we do this we will have some some side demonstrations to see how in the short term computer randomness can be not very random, but over time it ends up being pretty decent.
Saving, working, exploring, tinkering, all at a pretty low stakes environment.