Class hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- Does anyone need a bus for today’s Cawd Homework Club? Students missing any work are required to stay. Ignorance isn’t an excuse, get me the work even if incomplete so you have your afternoons to yourself.
- We are having middle school students from ADL visit us tomorrow at 10am. These students will be seeing Game Design Presentations (to be created today), as well as looking at work of Animation and Web Design teams. Plan on showering, keeping language and topics class appropriate when the visit, and in general being “good people” tomorrow. We will not have a break tomorrow, but we will have a longer lunch to make up for it. Get food / drink before class tomorrow.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Skills Presentation Creation
Game Design Teams
Game Design Teams must create a presentation for next Wednesday’s Game Design Competition. I strongly recommend a Google Slide Powered presentation as it is efficient to build, and gets right to the information.
You get a 10 minute window for your presentation. Timed.
Your presentation should include:
- Introduction of team members and roles.
- The goal of the game, what were you trying to explore as an idea.
- Why would anyone want to play your game? Is there replay value?
- Production Steps. Demonstrate (as much as you can):
- Pre production / concept art
- Assets being created / unfinished
- Completed Game Trailer (strongly recommended, even if just highlight clips edited together. Quick edit, rapid fire cuts, building energy)
- Give time for judge gameplay (How long do you want the judge to play your game for? Test this out, try it out, you need to get your time down)
- Final Questions and conclusion. Conclusion should include:
At the end of building the presentation, decide who is going to be in charge of what component of the presentation. Do you want to have the gregarious student do the entire presentation? Do you want to alternate slides? Up to you. (I would have the best presenter do most/all of the presentation.)
You have this morning to do this, and you will be giving your presentation to the middle school students in waves tomorrow morning. You will give this presentation maybe 5 times tomorrow, so it has to be tight. Tomorrow will be a learning oppourtunity, and a great chance to test drive everything.
Animation and Web Design Teams
Prep together. You know what you need to practice. I am grading you as a fly on the wall, you must drive your teams to success by working hard this next week.
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 English with Mr. Bisson
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Wednesday Afternoon Photoshop Exercise: Variation on “Spectrum in the Sky”
This afternoon you are going to take the lessons what we learned yesterday Monday and create your own version of it. So long as the basics of “Spectrum in the Sky” are followed, you can do anything you wish, with any image from the internet legal.
You can do something more Portfolio like with your own work:
You can do something more theme/meme based from internet sourced images:
You can play around with the Monday theme of sky but think about sun and moon placement:
Finally, you could play around with shapes of panels and explore the composition in general:
Work and save.
Upload final project as “customSpectrum.jpg” and “customSpectrum.psd” to your “week_29” folder.